Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

mpd_oled installed?
Hello

did somebody installed mpd_oled?
i followed this Howto but did not work
https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/bl...L_MOODE.md

worse, i have now problem to edit files and vim-nox is not working properly anymore.

i will just reinstall it - of course - but just curiose if somebody has it running
i use the
OLED Display Blau I2c 128x64 0.96’’
with controller SSD1306

have a nice day

vinc
Raspberry Pi3B+ --> HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO --> Cyrus | Pre - Pre Amplifier --> D. Klimo | Kent monoblocks --> Piega | Piega LDR 8.2
Raspberry Pi3B+ --> HiFiBerry AMP2 --> Visaton FRS 8 30W 4Ω
Hi Vinc,
try again, maybe you missed a step, it's easy to miss one.
Reinstall Moode and use nano to edit.
Hi vinc

There is a forum thread dedicated to using mpd_oled on Moode that you might find useful

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=155

If things don't work out when you try to install again, please post there about the specific issues you are having (copy and paste any error messages) and I will try to help.

Adrian.
@Alaini93 @adrii
Thanks for your feedbacks, because i can't use vim-nox as editer i will set up a new MoodeAudio sd Card.
and try again.
have a nice day
vinc
Raspberry Pi3B+ --> HiFiBerry DAC+ PRO --> Cyrus | Pre - Pre Amplifier --> D. Klimo | Kent monoblocks --> Piega | Piega LDR 8.2
@vikozo 

vim-nox is not installed on moOde out of the box (invoking vi gets you the vim-tiny version). Did you install it after setting up? Why not just install it again?

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope thanks for your suggestion - installed again and yes i run's more stable.
but i still think to reinstall it because i have often brakes, but without loosing pings to the device.
have a nice day
vinc
Hi Kent,
Is it good practice to expand the file system after Moode install?
Because during my first installs I didn't do it, and kept having problems and it seems since I did, problems are gone. Don't know if it's related.
@Alaini93 

Yes, always "expand the filesystem" after flashing the moOde image to an uSD card. 

The distributed image is sized to fit even on a 4GB uSD card. Until the root filesystem is expanded moOde won't take advantage of the actual size of the memory card used. In this case, it's likely moOde will run out of space when more than a few modules or music files are added. Until expanded, only about 500MB of free space remains even if the image has been flashed to, say, a 32GB card.

Regards,
Kent
ok thanks
Code:
Yes, always "expand the filesystem" after flashing the moOde image to an uSD card

I was not aware. Should / could I do it now even though my install is some weeks old or should I wait for the next fresh one ( Wink Moode 7) ?