Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Browser Title Does Not Change
I am trying to change the browser title on my PiZero moOde, v4.2 with update.

I change the title. Click Set. The info-bubble confirmation pops up. Says to refresh browser.

Refresh browser (FF ubuntu). No change.
Delete browser cache. No change.
Reboot pi. Clear browser cache. Quit browser. Reopen. Still no change to browser title however config panel saves new title. So config panel says I've changed but old title still displays.
Change browser. Chromium. Page can't be cached as I've never used chromium to view. Old title still.
Clear chromium cache. Restart browser. No change still.

If I press set beside new browser title in config panel, no dialog appears.
If I change name again on config panel, dialog appears, behaviour repeats - still original browser title no matter how much cache is dumped.

Different device. Browser (safari ios) never cached the page but still displays old browser title.

Perhaps worth noting the old browser title is not moode so I did change it after first boot a few days ago, but am trying to change it for a second time now.
Look at the following two resources via ssh. They should have the same value for Browser title. If not then change the name in header.php to match the value in the SQL table. Once thats done, subsequent Browser title changes from the UI should work.

sudo nano /var/local/www/header.php
Near the top you will see the <title> element, for example:
<title>RP1 Player</title>

Value from the SQL table

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select value from cfg_system where param='browsertitle'"

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-20-2018, 08:28 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Look at the following two resources via ssh. They should have the same value for Browser title. If not then change the name in header.php to match the value in the SQL table. Once thats done, subsequent Browser title changes from the UI should work.

sudo nano /var/local/www/header.php
Near the top you will see the <title> element, for example:
<title>RP1 Player</title>

Value from the SQL table

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select value from cfg_system where param='browsertitle'"

-Tim

That seems to have done the trick. THanks.
Its actually due to a minor bug in the update :-0

Patched update has been uploaded :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub