Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

DLNA started before NAS mount
Thank you for this awesome software! After ages my library is accessible on wifi again. And I've gotten back to listening to radio after almost 30 years. Hearty thank you!

After reboot, the DLNA library becomes empty. The library is basically sourced from the NAS. Going through the log, it seems that the mount is happening after the DLNA service starts (in which case it would fail to find the sources).

I added the mount to fstab and now it automatically triggers a DLNA rebuild on boot. Not sure if this has a downside.

PS: Some of the radio urls throw 403. Not sure what gives. I can debug more and can update here.

Thanks again Smile
What are you seeing that indicates "After reboot, the DLNA library becomes empty"?

The DLNA server creates and maintains its own persistent index. Once it's created it remains as-is unless you click the rebuild button. Look in the folder below.

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ sudo ls -l /var/cache/minidlna
total 3452
drwxr-xr-x 3 minidlna minidlna    4096 Jan 25 14:31 art_cache
-rw-r--r-- 1 minidlna minidlna 3530752 Jan 25 14:31 files.db
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
cat /var/log/moode.log

First it shows dlna service started. Then it shows the mount call to NAS.
That should be fine Simply starting the DLNA service does not automatically initiate a rebuild of its index. The index is built the first time your turn it on in Audio Config or anytime you click the rebuild button. In both these cases moOde startup and the NAS mount has already completed. Next time your reboot the DLAN server already has its index.
Enjoy the Music!
I just disabled my fstab entry and rebooted. The index is still there. When browsing folders over dlna, it shows empty now.

Referring to the same issue. That gentlemen used sleep to workaround the issue.
Quick test with DLNA server started on Pi#1 (music on a NAS source), UPnP renderer on Pi#2 and Linn Kazoo on IOS. After rebooting Pi#1 DLNA server Linn Kazoo automatically reconnected and displayed contents of the DLNA server.

I'm not sure whats happening on your end but my test indicates that the DLNA server index remained intact after reboot and that the CP auto reconnected to it with no issues.
Enjoy the Music!
My wife has a vlc on her phone that she uses to access moode dlna. Every reboot the folders go missing.

It doesn't seem to be a moode issue.

(If I'm looking right), the file is https://github.com/NathanaelA/minidlna/b.../monitor.c

Function monitor_insert_directory sets a RESCAN_MASK constant.
I'll be happy to share steps to duplicate this issue. Pls allow some time.

All I can think of is to share the minidlna.conf, moode settings, minidlna debug log and the fact that my nas and rpi have static addresses.

Just seems like the missing mount triggers the missing folders especially when inotify and notify_interval are disabled.