Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Library (tag view) is empty
Hello,

I have installed moode 7.0.1 on my rasberry pi 4. It seems to work well, and my whole music folder is scanned on an USB drive when I click on "regenerate library" in library config panel. I can find my tracks through the folder view of the library. However, the tag view is still empty. Nothing is diplayed there.

In /var/log/mpd/log I can read following lines after clicking on "update library" :

20210209 213810 thmcache: Scanning: NAS, SDCARD, UPNP, Docs, Stockage
20210209 213813 mpdindex: Done: indexed 1971 artists, 2545 albums, 16756 songs                                                                                                                
20210209 213813 worker: Job update_library done                                                                                                                                              
20210209 213820 thmcache: Done: 2084 folders scanned, 0 thumbs created, 2084 already in cache.                                                                                                

Could you help me to make "tag view" to display my music tracks ?

Girafenaine
Try the cmd below. There should be at least one libcache json file with > 0 bytes. If not then it's not obvious to me what might be happening.

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ ls -l /var/local/www
total 496
drwxr-xr-x 2 root staff   4096 Feb  8 16:23 commandw
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root staff      0 Feb  9 16:49 currentsong.txt
drwxrwxrwx 2 root staff   4096 Feb  9 17:00 db
drwxr-xr-x 5 root staff   4096 Feb  9 16:48 imagesw
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  465686 Feb  9 17:00 libcache_all.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       0 Feb  9 17:00 libcache_folder.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       0 Feb  9 17:00 libcache_format.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       0 Feb  9 16:59 libcache_hdonly.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       0 Feb  9 16:59 libcache_lossless.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       0 Feb  9 16:59 libcache_lossy.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       0 Feb  9 17:00 libcache_tag.json
drwxr-xr-x 2 root staff   4096 Feb  9 16:48 mpd_versions
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff     95 Feb  9 16:48 mpd_versions.conf
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root      32 Jan  8 07:10 playhistory.log
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    4096 Feb  8 13:14 spotify_cache
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   10000 Feb  9 16:49 sysinfo.txt
pi@rp2:~ $
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks Tim for your quick answer.

Here is the output. There is "libcache_all.json" which is rather big. I am not sure what I have to try next.

Code:
pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $ ls -l /var/local/www                                                                                                                                                  
total 8204                                                                                                                                                                                    
drwxr-xr-x 2 root staff    4096 Dec  8 04:36 commandw
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root staff       0 Feb  8 23:45 currentsong.txt
drwxrwxrwx 2 root staff    4096 Feb  9 23:18 db
drwxr-xr-x 5 root staff    4096 Dec 23 13:47 imagesw
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  8372328 Feb  9 21:38 libcache_all.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Feb  9 21:38 libcache_folder.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Feb  9 21:38 libcache_format.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Feb  9 21:38 libcache_hdonly.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Feb  9 21:38 libcache_lossless.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Feb  9 21:38 libcache_lossy.json
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Feb  9 21:38 libcache_tag.json
drwxr-xr-x 2 root staff    4096 Dec 23 13:47 mpd_versions
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff      95 Dec 23 13:47 mpd_versions.conf
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root       32 Dec 23 14:19 playhistory.log
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root        0 Feb  8 23:45 sysinfo.txt
And to be more accurate, here is a screenshot :

[Image: g1qonGd.png]
I would open a Browser console, do a hard page reload and then see if there are any errors.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
OK, I tried hard page reload (ctrl+shift+r) and it did not work.

I just checked and the tag view is OK on my Android phone.

On my laptop I use palemoon 29.0 (on MX Linux) as a browser. It worked well until now with moode 6.7.1. Is there anything else to try ?
[Aside- this thread is one more proof that users have to specify their entire software chain when they report an issue.]

So I just installed palemoon into Linux Mint on my laptop. Unlike its progenitor Firefox on the same system, palemoon does not display the entries in the tag-view columns. This seems to be an issue for palemoon, not for moOde.

Regards,
Kent
Hello, it may be an issue with palemoon, but there is not such "tag view" issue with moode 6.7.1 on the same palemoon. So we can see the issue from both points of view ! Obvisouly something has been changed in moode.

I will investigate further to see what kind of erros are given in the browser console.
Yes, things change all the time in the moOde UI but it's all still legal Javascript and CSS. Javascript itself is a moving target, of course. If palemoon is behind the curve on the version of its Javascript engine we might expect behavior such as you report.

Since the UI works fine in current Firefox, Safari, Chromium and the Chromium derivatives such as Chrome, Brave, Edge, yada yada yada, on multiple platforms, I think the burden is on palemoon. If you find a specific construct which is causing palemoon to have heartburn, of course you should report it but you should report it to palemoon devs too.

Regards,
Kent
From the Pale Moon home page:
Quote:It aims to provide close adherence to a balanced set of official, common-sense web standards and specifications in its implementation (with minimal compromise), and purposefully excludes a number of features to strike a balance between general use, performance, and technical advancements on the Web.

That "purposefully excludes" statement suggests that perhaps moOde has begun using a feature that Pale Moon does not think is a "common-sense" standard.
----------------
Robert