Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

MPD Sticker Command
I've been trying to use the MAFA app's bookmarking option with Moode. Each attempt at adding a bookmark fails with an MPD error: unknown command “sticker”.

The developer of MAFA believes it fails because Moode's MPD doesn't support the sticker command which the app relies upon to add and read bookmarks. Is this correct, and if so is there any way to add support for this command?
(02-14-2021, 04:42 PM)blueboy Wrote: I've been trying to use the MAFA app's bookmarking option with Moode. Each attempt at adding a bookmark fails with an MPD error: unknown command “sticker”.

The developer of MAFA believes it fails because Moode's MPD doesn't support the sticker command which the app relies upon to add and read bookmarks. Is this correct, and if so is there any way to add support for this command?

The sticker function requires a supporting database. Apparently, MPD uses sqlite3 which is already available in moOde.

However, as I read the MPD documentation, MPD would have to be rebuilt with the sqlite3 option enabled.

You can do this yourself if you're up to working from the command line and following the instructions in the moOde build recipe: In "STEP 6 - Compile and install MPD and MPC" at point 4, change -Dsqlite=disabled to -Dsqlite=enabled, and proceed.

ETA- and the MPD configuration file amended to include the sticker_path. Unfortunately, this would get overwritten unless code in moOde were changed, More work from the command lineSad

So, yes, there is a way if there's enough demand for it.

Regards,
Kent
(02-14-2021, 04:42 PM)blueboy Wrote: I've been trying to use the MAFA app's bookmarking option with Moode. Each attempt at adding a bookmark fails with an MPD error: unknown command “sticker”.

Our project does not support 3rd party front-ends.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub