Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: moOde 6.5.2 - Display and function hangs after 2 seconds. 20 seconds later it`s ok.
Hello community,

my version is:

6.5.2 2020-05-03
Raspbian 10.3
Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
MPD version 0.21.22

My problem is, that the display and function hangs after a song has started (at the displayed time of 0.02 s). 10 to 20 seconds you can`t do anything. Then automatically all is ok. But if you use a function, the display hangs again and so on.
The Music plays correct without a break. It`s only a operating problem. But it`s vexed because I have to wait 10-20 seconds before I can select a new song or another function.
I play music files from a computer in my local network in the shuffle mode. No web-radio.
The problem appears on all mobiles or computers with using the network address "moode.local". In my memory the problem was not in the beginning of using the moode-Player.
Meanwhile I have more than 10.000 songs in my Playback-List. A problem?
I have restarted the raspberry and load a new playlist. But nothing has changed.

Dirk
A playlist of that size is going to cause performance issues in the UI certainly.
----------------
Robert
Yep, whatever's running the web browser is going to have to render that page.
If it's a slow device like an old phone/tablet or this is in a local browser running on the Pi itself then a 10000 song playlist is going to be a lot of html to render.
It shouldn't be an issue at all if you're browsing the web UI on a PC or fast mobile device, otherwise avoid massive playlists.
(03-12-2021, 11:44 AM)Ulukai Wrote: Hello community,

my version is:

6.5.2 2020-05-03
Raspbian 10.3
Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
MPD version 0.21.22

My problem is, that the display and function hangs after a song has started (at the displayed time of 0.02 s). 10 to 20 seconds you can`t do anything. Then automatically all is ok. But if you use a function, the display hangs again and so on.
The Music plays correct without a break. It`s only a operating problem. But it`s vexed because I have to wait 10-20 seconds before I can select a new song or another function.
I play music files from a computer in my local network in the shuffle mode. No web-radio.
The problem appears on all mobiles or computers with using the network address "moode.local". In my memory the problem was not in the beginning of using the moode-Player.
I have restarted the raspberry and load a new playlist. But nothing has changed.

Dirk

Why so many items in the Queue?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-12-2021, 04:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 11:44 AM)Ulukai Wrote: Hello community,

my version is:

6.5.2 2020-05-03
Raspbian 10.3
Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
MPD version 0.21.22

Dirk

Why so many items in the Queue?

Because we use it as "Radio" with our music. And we have many songs....
The Problem is, sometimes we use it to sing with the songs (Shazam with it`s text function is a good addition) and want to choose the songs. In this case it bothers, e.g we want to change a song quickly or pause it. That`s impossible for 10-20 seconds.
It sounds like you want to use the Auto Shuffle feature in the Audio Configuration screen. That will add songs randomly two at a time, while removing ones just played.
----------------
Robert
(03-12-2021, 07:48 PM)Ulukai Wrote: Because we use it as "Radio" with our music. And we have many songs....
The Problem is, sometimes we use it to sing with the songs (Shazam with it`s text function is a good addition) and want to choose the songs. In this case it bothers, e.g we want to change a song quickly or pause it. That`s impossible for 10-20 seconds.

You haven't said what device you're using to control Moode, is it a phone? Could you not try a faster device or an mpd client instead of the web UI?