Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC?
(05-01-2021, 06:13 PM)lolli8 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:50 AM)Jandu Wrote: Sound quality is determined by many factors. Some better understood, some not as much. If you believe a different USB cable would change the sound, you would understand that it's not just the 0s and 1s that count.

Hi Jandu, short question: do you have any basic knowledge about physics and maths, plus some basic understanding of computers?

If it would be the case, you would immediately stop telling this nonsense, as soon as you had a look at how the data is transferred over an USB cable. In case you have the required skills (which I doubt), please check the wiki page about pulse density modulation which is the method used to transfer data over an USB port from a network streamer to the DAC.

It takes more than some random noise to have an influence on anything in the data chain here. And yes, all that count are the 0s and 1s, but to explain this a bit in detail you would have to understand maths like fourier transformation, which I also doubt you know what this is.

So please keep your religious aspects (I believe there is more than 0 and 1), but keep these ideas to yourself, so others don't waste money by buying snake oil like you did. At least I agree on one of your points: "some better understood, some not as much", with an emphasis on "not" on your end.

Sorry.

Woah what an arrogant answer, better hold your horses before you ridicule yourself more.

If you think it's you who know everything, then I've got bad news for ya. Not even the smartest men on Earth think that they already know everything about all physics that exist. On the contrary, they say that it's probably still more that we don't know than we know. 

And yet, YOU feel that you're entitled to belittle a person, who has apparently far more skills in building hifi systems than you and is willing to share some of his experience. 

The only one who sounds "religiously" - refusing any other ideas, rejecting discussion, attacking others because of opposing opinions (with emphasis on "opinions"), is you my dear.

If you think you're that smart, then explain me how is it possible that two sources, which pass the Bit-perfect test on a DAC, sound completely different, while the rest of the chain is left untouched? 

Next time, before you start behaving that disrespectfully, first try some things yourself. There is far more in shaping music than current, still limited human understanding can explain, some are just unable to imagine that. 

But in every period there are closed-minded people, who are not willing to accept anything outside their comfort zone. Then there are others, who are not afraid of experimenting and exploring unkown. Guess which these two group is more beneficial for the society.. 

Presenting digital music is more than 0 & 1s in a correct order, whether you believe it or not. Deal with it. 

Not sorry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you get "audiophile" sound using a native RP4 USB port into a DAC? - by mxpwladimir - 05-01-2021, 09:38 PM