The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec Support
Lightbulb 
Hello everyone,

I'm making this thread with a suggestion for adding the Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec standard on all future releases of moOde OS. 

Reason:  As of this post, Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec is the best Bluetooth Codec standard for Audio.  While SBC audio can go up to 500ish kbs, Sony LDAC standard can do 24/96 at 990 kbs.  

Issue:  While Sony included LDAC starting with Android 8.0 free of charge + other linux devices including the format free provided it as a receiver, the decoding part that might have minor issues due to Sony putting the decoding part is proprietary.  Worse we can do is just have moOde support LDAC as an output format only (and not accepting any inputs).  However, it would be cool if moOde can do both ways (a man can dream). 

Info:  My friend scblock posted this thread about adding LDAC support in moOde.  However, I think there was a misunderstanding between him and Tim, and thus that thread was locked as spam  I know scblock, and he is a nice guy.  He only did the guide to help people who one didn't know LDAC can be rolled into moOde and two he wanted to show it can be done.  He did it on his free time but he just made the guide based on the steps he came up with (he is not a professional) and on the available Dependencies he referenced (including libLDAC).  

The guide he posted as of today does work on current Pi boards.  I consider his posts not being spam.  There's a few others on this forum that can vouch for scblock for what he was trying to show as a proof of concept with the available Dependencies.   

However, it would be supercool if we don't even have to compile LDAC every time there is an update on moOde.  It would be great to have it from the start where it would be included in the BT part of moOde.  You can even make a LDAC BT section to have the data sent back/forth by performance or by sound quality. 

Since other audio devices are using LDAC from the start, it would nice to have moOde able to stream data on this standard to all audio devices that uses LDAC.  I hope Tim you might consider this feature for future releases and take consideration on what scblock was trying to provide. 

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec Support - by Hyperduel - 04-07-2021, 03:42 PM