Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Adafruit I2S Audio Bonnet
Is the Adafruit I2S audio bonnet (UDA1334A I2S Stereo DAC) supported? I've tried the generic I2S DAC setting and a lot of others with no success. Will any of the devices work for this Adafruit I2S HAT? Thank you.
What I2S driver does the manufacturer specify?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Try the HiFiBerry DAC setting if you haven't already.
(05-05-2021, 11:29 AM)jonners Wrote: Try the HiFiBerry DAC setting if you haven't already.

Thank you. I just tried that device, HiFiBerry DAC, but it does not work for this audio bonnet. No sound. Nothing.
(05-05-2021, 10:44 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What I2S driver does the manufacturer specify?

I have reached out to Adafruit to find out. In the datasheet for the UDA 1334ATS DAC, they mention a multiple data format data interface: I2S-bus and LSB-justified format compatible and 1fs input data rate. They also say the UDA1334ATS supports the I2S-bus data format with word lengths of up to 24 bits and the LSB-justified serial data format with word lengths of 16, 20 and 24 bits. They also list Digital Interface Format Select, saying that the digital audio interface formats can be
selected via pins SFOR1 and SFOR0 as shown in Table 4. For the digital audio interface holds that the BCK frequency can be maximum 64 times WS frequency.
The WS signal must change at the negative edge of the BCK signal for all digital audio formats.

Table 4 Data format selection

SFOR1  SFOR0   INPUT FORMAT
LOW     LOW      I2S-bus input
LOW     HIGH     LSB-justified 16 bits input
HIGH    LOW      LSB-justified 20 bits input
HIGH    HIGH     LSB-justified 24 bits input

I'm not sure how helpful any of that is. I'll also post what Adafruit tells me. Thank you.
To close this tread, this Adafruit I2S audio bonnet works with either the Generic-1 I2S (hifiberry-dac) or Generic-2 I2S (rpi-dac) audio device profiles.