Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Raspberry Pi4 8GB Unable to boot into Moode
Unable to boot into Moode. 

(goes to black screen) picture attached of how far I made it. 

Using Moode 7.2.1 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB Ram (Cana kit) booting from a 32GB micro SD card that was freshly erased and loaded with MoOde via the RPI imager software/also tried using Etcher, etcher usage got me a little farther into the boot. 

Using the HDMI out that has worked for FreeBSD and Raspian

That same card successfully boots Raspian and other OS's, not sure why Moode isn't working. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, was stoked to use Moode for its audiophile features. 

Please let me know if there are any more questions.
Re download moode image, and flash
(Your previously downloaded image may be corrupted or incomplete download)
(05-20-2021, 04:43 PM)KmPan Wrote: Re download moode image, and flash
(Your previously downloaded image may be corrupted or incomplete download)

thanks KmPan. I already tried that several times also tried usb instead of SD card.
RPi imager? Hope you are not using it to configure any options. That would muck with system files moOde wants to manage.

I've never had moOde not boot on any model RPi. That makes a bad image burn and/or bad underlying card seem likely.

Of course any changes you've made to the default install---odd overlays, etc--- need to be told.

Regards,
Kent
(05-20-2021, 05:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: RPi imager? Hope you are not using it to configure any options. That would muck with system files moOde wants to manage.

I've never had moOde not boot on any model RPi. That makes a bad image burn and/or bad underlying card seem likely.

Of course any changes you've made to the default install---odd overlays, etc--- need to be told.

Regards,
Kent

Hello Kent, 

Yes the Raspberry Pi Imager. I did not make any changes whatsoever to the img file. I agree, it is very odd that it won't boot. Is there something where it doesn't support the 8GB Ram config perhaps? 

I am going to try again this time using etcher instead of the RPI tool. Wish me luck, any advice is appreciated. 

-Dan
(05-20-2021, 05:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: RPi imager? Hope you are not using it to configure any options. That would muck with system files moOde wants to manage.

Regards,
Kent

Tried Etcher and RPI with no luck getting to a GUI or a command line. I have redownloaded the image file and refreshed several times now just to make sure I didn't somehow get a bad copy or anything is wrong with it. 

going to try a 7.1 image and see if that helps.

Thanks, 

-Dan
still stuck, tried it on a USB stick and it gets to login and I assume is trying to boot a gui but it just goes to a black screen, it seems to be failing to load the GUI for some reason and the command line login disappears after maybe a quarter second, so no time to log in that way either.
(05-20-2021, 07:56 PM)audioguide Wrote: still stuck, tried it on a USB stick and it gets to login and I assume is trying to boot a gui but it just goes to a black screen, it seems to be failing to load the GUI for some reason and the command line login disappears after maybe a quarter second, so no time to log in that way either.

Umm, you do realize that moOde runs headless, right? The only way you'll get the moOde WebUI displayed on the local HDMI port is to enable local display in the system configuration panel.

Sounds to me like your RPi4B/GB is booting into moOde just fine.

Regards,
Kent
(05-20-2021, 08:06 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 07:56 PM)audioguide Wrote: still stuck, tried it on a USB stick and it gets to login and I assume is trying to boot a gui but it just goes to a black screen, it seems to be failing to load the GUI for some reason and the command line login disappears after maybe a quarter second, so no time to log in that way either.

Umm, you do realize that moOde runs headless, right? The only way you'll get the moOde WebUI displayed on the local HDMI port is to enable local display in the system configuration panel.

Sounds to me like your RPi4B/GB is booting into moOde just fine.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, 

You are right. I assumed something was wrong as I wasn't presented with a login screen via command line or GUI. I have access to Moode now. 

Thank you, 

-Dan