Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Moode Music Catalogue Display
Hello all, I am new to the Moode Forum, having installed and played with Moode for a couple of weeks.

I would like to spread my Music collection across several storage devices including the System SD Card, multiple USB Sticks and possibly other Network connected storage devices.

When searching for an album or Artist, I have to first select the storage source and then I can select alphabetically within that source using the alphabetic sidebar on the RHS.

What I would like to do is to be able to display all Artists (or Albums) alphabetically across ALL storage sources abd select using the alphabetic sidebar. Is this possible and am I missing something?

If this is/ has been discussed before, please could you oint me to that thread. I did have a scan down the existing but didn't find anything directly relevant.

For information, I am running a fresh installation of Moode on a 16GB MicroSD Card on a RPI 3B with a HiFiBerry DAC + Hat playing through my Quad 34/ 405-2 Amplifier and using a Web Browser to control Moode. I haven't found an Android App for Moode yet but am open to suggestion and any pointers.

Thank you for reading and looking forward to sharing experience here on the forum - Robin
Only Tag and Album views provide a consolidated view of the collection.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim and thank you for pointing me to the Library dropdown in the top left corner which I had failed to notice before. Tag View gives me all I need in one view and the split screen is superb in showing the content of the selected item.

I really should RTFM! Smile

This works very well for me when using a Windows Browser where entering a URL of moode.local takes me directly to the Moode Front Panel. However, can anybody tell me how to stop the Android Browsers doing a Search Engine search for "moode.local" insteadd if taking it as the required URL? I have tried Chrome, Firefox and the Samsung native browsers and they all do this!

Lastly, are there any plans for a Moode App for Android?

Many thanks, R
For Android you must enter http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_MOODE_PLAYER

Also be sure to save the Browser as a "Home screen app" or whatever its's called on Android. This will get rid of the Browser top and bottom bars and render the moOde UI as if it were an app.
Enjoy the Music!
"Also be sure to save the Browser as a "Home screen app" or whatever its's called on Android. This will get rid of the Browser top and bottom bars and render the moOde UI as if it were an app. "

Hi Tim, Please could you explain how to do this. I am not really familiar with the differences in behaviour of Android versions of Browsers like Firefox and Chrome.
I don't have any Android devices but maybe another user can help out.
Enjoy the Music!
(06-03-2021, 01:20 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote: "Also be sure to save the Browser as a "Home screen app" or whatever its's called on Android. This will get rid of the Browser top and bottom bars and render the moOde UI as if it were an app. "

Hi Tim, Please could you explain how to do this. I am not really familiar with the differences in behaviour of Android versions of Browsers like Firefox and Chrome.

This is an Android feature which most browsers take advantage of.

In the right-hand corner of the address-bar area of the browser window you'll see a vertical 3-dot icon. Touch it and then select "Add to Home Screen" from the dropdown menu. Follow the instructions in the popup.

Regards,
Kent

PS - I'm assuming the 3-dot icon is universal. Whether it's at the top of the window or the bottom depends on the browser. It's at the top of the Chrome browser window and the bottom of the Firefox browser window on my Pixel 3A phone running Android 11.
Thank you Tim and Kent.

That does make the Moode control panel much easier to use for me and it also seems to scroll much quicker and smoother. I haven't tested whether the Moode Icon will follow the IP address wnen I re-boot and my Router DHCP server allocates a different IP address but that is easily remedied.

... back to enjoying the Music! - Robin
@Wheel_nut

You can always allocate a FIXED IP address in the router for the 'MoOde' RPi...
(06-04-2021, 05:38 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: @Wheel_nut

You can always allocate a FIXED IP address in the router for the 'MoOde' RPi...

or a reserved IP address.... that has always served me well (no pun intended)
This was from @Zootalaws  advice. Smile

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...32188.html
----------
bob