Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.4.0 release
Hi,

This is a status thread for upcoming moOde 7.4.0 release. Generally the focus of the 7.4.0 release is on  bug fixes and updates but may also include completion of the backup/restore settings feature and integration into the UI.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Here's the WIP release notes.

There are a couple new radio stations and several stations have updated URL's.  

The station checker is clean. Note that ArtSound always returns ? even though the playable URL is ok.

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ moodeutl -U
Checking...
Id      URL     Station
13      ?       ArtSound FM 92.7 | http://119.15.96.188/stream2.mp3
pi@rp2:~ $

Code:
########################################################
//
// 2021-MM-DD TC moOde 7.4.0
//
########################################################

Updates

- UPD: Add "okto research dac8 Stereo" to device table

Radio stations

- NEW: Organ Experience
- NEW: SmoothLounge Global
- UPD: 4ZZZ FM 102.1 - Alternative
- UPD: SmoothJazz Global
- UPD: OrganLive.com
- UPD: Positively Baroque
- UPD: Maschinengeist Radio (OFFLINE)

Bug fixes

- FIX: Typo in MPD Config message regarding disconnected device
- FIX: Fallback to encoded_at rate from MPD database if mediainfo reports blank rate
- FIX: CoverView Playbar show/hide not working when launched from Library
Enjoy the Music!
Tim, could you add an option to control spotify cache and cache size? Today the default is nocache, but librespot offers cache options and how to control it size. It is just a parameter option on the UI and a variable on code.
The main issue with having the cache enabled is that disk space gets eaten up very quickly which leads to also having to implement a "clear file cache" option even if there is a cache size limit.

I'm still not clear what benefit there is to having a file cache since IIRC it's primary purpose is to facilitate offline playback but I don't think that scenario is applicable for moOde.
Enjoy the Music!
cache-size-limit Limits the size of the cache for audio files. It's possible to use suffixes like K, M or G. CACHE_SIZE_LIMIT

https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/wiki/Options

Librespot have now an option to manage cache size
Right, but what usage scenario benefits from having a file cache?
Enjoy the Music!
(07-04-2021, 01:12 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, but what usage scenario benefits from having a file cache?

More bluntly, what problem is the OP having which is solved by re-enabling the cache option? We disabled the cache option a long time ago (in Internet years, that is) because it was causing an OOM. AFAICT we never had a problem with it disabled. True, the librespot devs have now introduced a cache-size limit which perhaps resolves the original issue but so what?

Regards,
Kent
I can speak for myself only, because living in a 3rd world country, internet traffic and stability is still an issue… the cache solve my intermittent problems with Spotify. All my other files are local for the same reason (sd card).
Its a valid usage scenario but as I mentioned earlier implementing it is a bit more involved than just adding a few params to the config screen. I'll add to the TODO list to investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-04-2021, 06:13 PM)oculto Wrote: I can speak for myself only, because living in a 3rd world country, internet traffic and stability is still an issue… the cache solve my intermittent problems with Spotify. All my other files are local for the same reason (sd card).

Yup, it's a valid usage scenario. I'm curious. How much cache was needed to solve your problem and have you ever run the Ookla speed test or some similar test  to see what kind of ping times and download speeds you get from your ISP?

Regards,
Kent