Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: How do I get Album Cover Art to display in Tag View?
I am going to lay my ignorance with this technology and terminology bare here so please gentle Angel 

My library was all ripped using Fre:ac and Metadata Tags were added to the files. I know that the Album Art thumbnails are present because they are displayed by other players on Windows.

However, when displayed by moOde in either Library or Tag Views, the moOde Logo Box appears instead of the Album Art for all items.

Is this normal? ... or is there a setting in Preferences to display the Album Art?

Robin
The Library thumbnail generator looks at each album directory and depending on the Preference setting "Cover search priority" will do the following:

Pref = Embedded
Examine the last track in the Album directory for embedded art and extract it if it exists otherwise search for a cover art file in the Album directory.

Pref = Cover file
Search for a cover art file in the Album directory. If one does not exist then examine the last track in the Album directory for embedded art and extract it if it exists.

Cover files can be any one of Cover|cover|Folder|folder .jpg|jpeg|png|tif|tiff or if none of these are found then any file that is of type image.

The Moode startup log contains stats on thumbnail generation. There is also the VIEW status option in Library Config.
Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I have Pref set to Embedded. There are no Cover Art Thumbnail files in the Music Folders.

Whereas most of my Library is ripped with Fre:ac, there are also some .mp3 files which certainly have embedded cover art because this is displaued when accessed by the Windows Groove Music Player.

The Library Config shows:
Thumbnail Generator

Album cover thumbnail cache

Done: 189 folders scanned, 189 thumbs created, 0 already in cache.

... but I still cannot see any Cover Art in my Tag View. I am obviously missing something ... but What???

R
Very odd.

The thumbnail images are stored in /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/ It looks like below.

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ ls -l /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/
total 944
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1862 Jul  4 06:56 0187da2ef3b27766dc819dbed1ade298.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1554 Jul  4 06:56 0187da2ef3b27766dc819dbed1ade298_sm.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2994 Jul  4 06:56 07d174f1092a5bc58e2c0d425fa55959.jpg

Try clearing your Browser cache.
Enjoy the Music!
Tried Clearing Cache - No better; Also tried another Browser with cleared Cache (Chrome) - No difference!

One strange observation - The Koz Stereo Test shows the Cover Art! Does that provide a clue?

Do I need to swat up on SSH and look at the directories?

R
Yes of course SSH skills are a great way to learn some Linux :-)

You can use the built in Web SSH terminal. It's on System Config page. Turn ON "SSH term server" then OPEN it. The userid is pi and the password is moodeaudio

Post the Moode startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
(07-07-2021, 09:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes of course SSH skills are a great way to learn some Linux :-)

You can use the built in Web SSH terminal. It's on System Config page. Turn ON "SSH term server" then OPEN it. The userid is pi and the password is moodeaudio

Post the Moode startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l

Sorry Tim, I don't know how to clip from the SSH Window but here is a snapshot of the contents of the directory.
Robin
Put cursor in the terminal window and either click and drag to highlight a section then ctrl-c to copy or just do ctrl-a to highlight everything in the terminal window even the unseen part and then ctrl-c to copy. To paste it into a post use ctrl-v

Looks like the thumbs are there. It's not obvious to me what might be going on thats preventing the images from showing up in the Library..
Enjoy the Music!
(07-07-2021, 10:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Put cursor in the terminal window and either click and drag to highlight a section then ctrl-c to copy or just do ctrl-a to highlight everything in the terminal window even the unseen part and then ctrl-c to copy. To paste it into a post use ctrl-v

Looks like the thumbs are there. It's not obvious to me what might be going on thats preventing the images from showing up in the Library..

I realise that I'm being really thick here but I'm not sure what I was meant to do with the moodeut1 -1 command. I tried it and it returns:
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ moodeut1 -1
-bash: moodeut1: command not found                                                                                                          
Oops I misspelled it. Theres a number 1 at the end of "moodeut" instead of the letter l.

Try
Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!