Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to reset initial walkthrough
Hi, I have set up a raspberry pi with MoOde for my Mum and I will be handing it shortly.

When you run MoOde for the first time (web interface) you get some sort of walkthrough that explain what happens when you click in different areas of the UI.
Is there a way to reenable it? It doesn't show any more as I have already clicked everywhere.

Cheers,
The Quick Help (by clicking on the M (top right), when viewing the Libray) might be what you're looking for.

Regards,
Geoff
Thank you @GStevens, but that's not exactly what I am looking for. The Quick Help is always there.
This can only be seen when you boot MoOde for the 1st time. It dissapears once you click on it for the first time. It has information on what is each part of the UI used for.
SSH onto the player and navigate to /boot.  Copy the moodecfg.ini.default to a new file moodcfg.ini, then edit the new file to remove all lines but these:
Code:
[Internal]
first_use_help = "Yes"
Save the file then reboot.

Et voila- first use help screens restored.
----------------
Robert
It would be good to have a clickable "Newbie Walkthrough" option in the M menu to show this. Is this something that could be added to the wishlist?

EDIT: Please ignore this post. - See next Post
(07-14-2021, 02:03 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: SSH onto the player and navigate to /boot.  Copy the moodecfg.ini.default to a new file moodcfg.ini, then edit the new file to remove all lines but these:
Code:
[Internal]
first_use_help = "Yes"
Save the file then reboot.

Et voila- first use help screens restored.

I have just tried this and it doesn't quite do what I expected:

1) It does put a banner over the Play Bar saying something like Click to return to Play mode whick then takes some time to re-initialise the system to the previously set configuration.
2) It doesn't walk through the basic setup process which is what I believe the OP was wanting.
3) On re-booting, the modified moodecfg.ini is deleted from the /boot directory.

... but it was a good refresher in using my scant Linux command line skills Tongue Big Grin
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

There is nothing more to be configured. It is a Raspberry Pi 2B 1.1, and I have already done all the configuration needed. I have even added her music, and installed pi-hole, syncthing and wireguard.

This was the icing for the cake. After all my mother will only interact with MoOde, everything else will be transparent for her.

Regards,
You can also use this method.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='y,y' WHERE param='first_use_help'"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub