Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can I use Squeezer app with Moode ?
Hi,

I used the Squeezer app on my phone to control a Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Can I use also use Squeezer to control Moode via the Squeezelite renderer ? If so can you please point me to the Squeezelite renderer set-up instructions.

Thanks

Mark
(08-06-2021, 02:23 PM)Mark1 Wrote: Hi,

I used the Squeezer app on my phone to control a Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Can I use also use Squeezer to control Moode via the Squeezelite renderer ? If so can you please point me to the Squeezelite renderer set-up instructions.

Thanks

Mark

Hi, Mark.

Nothing special here. Just go to the moOde Audio Config page, scroll down to the Audio Renderers section, and enable the Squeezelite renderer. If you open moode's WebUI on another device you should see "Squeezelite Active" overlaid on the playback screen. Now your moOde player should show up in addition to your Logitech Sqeezebox Touch when you choose a player in apps.

Note that this moOde component implements only a Squeezelite renderer not a Squeezelite media server but I presume you have appropriate servers somewhere in your system already. In my case, I run a copy of Logitech Media Server (process name: squeezeboxserver) on a Linux host, but only for testing.

I know nothing of the Squeezer app so can't address what it can or cannot do with the moOde player selected. I have tested moOde's Squeezelite renderer only against the Logitech WebUI built into the Logitech Media Server and it works fine in this service.

Regards,
Kent