Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Continuous Mode?
Sorry if this feature already exists but when I play a track and it finishes, I'd like the default action to be play the next track on the album (continuous play?). It currently just stops playing the queue

Is there a setting I've missed or is this a setting/feature that could be added later?

Why? I guess it feels more convenient as I dont really add items to a queue, I'm happy to listen to a track but then let the rest of the album play. I suppose thats personal preference of course.

Second question - when on the now playing screen (with artwork showing), when clicking on the album name, should it take you to a track list of the album currently playing? It currently doesnt do anything. Clicking on the artist name takes me to the artist/albums screen and clicking on the track name takes me to the queue.

If this is the expected behavior, could clicking on the album name take you to the album track list?

Why? Seems that clicking on artist/track in the now playing screen has some functionality - it seems logical to take you to the album track list when clicking on the album name on this screen

Thank you for considering!
MPD can only play what's in the queue so you'll need to add the album.

I can add "Click Album name" to the TODO list to investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-23-2021, 10:55 AM)jonlad1 Wrote: Sorry if this feature already exists but when I play a track and it finishes, I'd like the default action to be play the next track on the album (continuous play?). It currently just stops playing the queue

Is there a setting I've missed or is this a setting/feature that could be added later?

Why? I guess it feels more convenient as I dont really add items to a queue, I'm happy to listen to a track but then let the rest of the album play. I suppose thats personal preference of course.
Once you've selected the Album (in the GUI), if you click on the album art (bottom left), and then Clear/Play, this will queue, and play, the whole album.  Will this do what you want to do?  To start mid-album, you would need to select the tracks that you want and then Clear/Play.
Regards,
Geoff
(08-23-2021, 11:39 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: MPD can only play what's in the queue so you'll need to add the album.

I can add "Click Album name" to the TODO list to investigate.

Thanks for the quick reply Tim! Appreciate it

(08-23-2021, 11:53 AM)GStevens Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 10:55 AM)jonlad1 Wrote: Sorry if this feature already exists but when I play a track and it finishes, I'd like the default action to be play the next track on the album (continuous play?). It currently just stops playing the queue

Once you've selected the Album (in the GUI), if you click on the album art (bottom left), and then Clear/Play, this will queue, and play, the whole album.  Will this do what you want to do?  To start mid-album, you would need to select the tracks that you want and then Clear/Play.
Regards,
Geoff

Not really Geoff, I guess I'll have to change my work flow (listen flow?) if the MPD can only play whats in the queue

Thanks
Is the request something like below?

"if an album has 5 tracks and you play track 3 then also add the tracks after 3 to the Queue"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-23-2021, 01:27 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Is the request something like below?

"if an album has 5 tracks and you play track 3 then also add the tracks after 3 to the Queue"

Might not be what the OP is asking for, but I'd find that useful Smile
----------------
Robert
This could be semi-useful for classical albums which combine 2 or more "works" but ir has implications. 

For example: I have a 2-CD set of Bach's Brandenburg concertos issued with concertos #1-#3 on the first CD and #4-#6 on the second CD. Exercising the proposed scheme would mean that if I selected the first track of the 2nd concerto, for example, I'd get all of the 2nd and 3rd concertos loaded into the queue.

In practice, when I was ripping CDs, I was sporadically breaking combo albums into separate "albums" each containing a separate work so I could select and play the works individually. Now that Max has accepted my proposed addition of "work" to MPD's metadata set, I could have ripped the CDs as is, along with appropriate metadata, in which case I'd want simply to select the 2nd concerto as the "work" to play.

Regards,
Kent
(08-23-2021, 01:27 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Is the request something like below?

Not exactly Tim, but close enough!

My suggestion was, if I play track 2 of an album, continue to play the rest of the album once track 2 finishes (without adding to the queue).

I was not aware previously that Moode will not play anything without specifically adding it to the queue (Moode noob lol)

Thanks!
(08-23-2021, 05:03 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: This could be semi-useful for classical albums which combine 2 or more "works" but ir has implications. 

Useful too for playing only the second "side" of an album from the vinyl days when some artists treated each side as a separate work (The Hounds of Love/The Ninth Wave from Kate Bush being the most obvious example in my collection). I also have a couple of albums with irritating and indulgent "intro" tracks at the beginning which I always skip Smile
----------------
Robert