Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Local Album Artwork Question
Hi-

I installed my RPI/Moode streamer, input optical into my Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital.  Works like it should.  Local music on a 1TB SSD via USB3.  All the music plays.

Here's a little hiccup. Some of the album artwork doesn't completely load.  I can see, say, the top 1/8th or sometimes just a smidge of the artwork and that is all.  I have regenerated thumbnails.

Because some of the album art show, I assume that album art is associated with the folder.  I also assume that thumbnails with the moOde logo don't have artwork available.  Any thoughts on how I can get the whole artwork to load?  There are probably a hundred albums that have incomplete artwork.

Thanks!

D.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Douglas Tourtelot, CAS
Seattle, WA
Album art can be a file in the album folder or embedded in each file. It depends on how the ripping/conversion utility was used.

Partial image loads would suggest a throughput issue or bottleneck. Try clearing the Browser cache or trying another Browser for example Safari.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Possibly not relevant but some security/add-blocker browser add-ons will filter images over a certain size.
Firefox and U-Block origin for instance where I have to 'allow' the MoOde webpage to show "large Media Elements" and reload to have all artwork shown )
----------
bob
@tourtelot

There seems to be a presumption here that the albums all have valid coverart associated with them. Have you examined them to be sure?

Since moOde publishes its music directories as SMB (aka "Windows") shares you can examine the albums remotely from your desktop host or move the SSD temporarily to the desktop host and examine them directly. In a file browser you should see any separate coverart files [1] and any coverart embedded in track files. They also can be examined in detail from the command line in the moOde player using tools like file and mediainfo.

Either way, I'd examine at least three directories, those for Blind Faith/Blind Faith, Buddha/Blink-182, and Blue Öyster Cult/Blue Öyster Cult. I chose these simply because they manifested three different visual outputs, possibly reflecting different issues (or not!). I'd make sure the coverart is valid and also check their sizes.

Regards,
Kent

[1] separate coverart files must follow certain rules: they must be in jpeg, png, or tiff format and their root filenames must be one of ( Cover | cover |  Folder | folder ). So, for example, cover.jpg is valid but BlueOysteCult.jpg is not.