Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Q: does Moode needs to index the music library?
Hi,

Potentially new Allo Boss 2 owner and Moode user here. 

I have a Node 2i and am irritated about it needing to create a local database of my music library that resides on my Synology NAS. Synology music server is installed. Each time I add a song I need to re-index to have it available. There are other annoyances like the artwork size limitation but let's pass.

I have search the Moode forum and found that it's possible to mount my NAS to access my music library. I can do that with the Node as well. 

However can I use any app, like BubbleUPnP to access my library (without local indexing), to stream music to the Allo Boss 2 using Moode? I used BUPnP as an example as this is what I am using at the moment for all players (Wi-Fi, BT, ethernet) visible on my LAN. 

I have not found a clear answer to that so far. 

Thanks,
S
moOde provides a UPnP client for MPD (upmpdcli) that proxies your tracks existing on some UPnP media server to MPD for playback. You don't need any local MPD music library.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-05-2021, 10:56 PM)smoisan Wrote: However can I use any app, like BubbleUPnP to access my library (without local indexing), to stream music to the Allo Boss 2 using Moode? I used BUPnP as an example as this is what I am using at the moment for all players (Wi-Fi, BT, ethernet) visible on my LAN. 

I'm not sure I've understood what you want properly, but I think the answer is yes!
If you can see your library from the Synology music server in your libraries in BubbleUPnP, then you can turn on the UPnP renderer in moOde and select that as a renderer in BubbleUPnP and send music to it. No need for a local index of the files on moOde. I find setting the UPnP type in moOde to "OpenHome" works best.
----------------
Robert
Thank you very much to both of you. Yes I want to be able to see the music library in the BubbleUPnP libraries. Whether I am using MusicCast or BubbleUPnP I find that accessing the library remotely works well for me rather than having to re-index with BluOS when adding a track.
Cheers,
S