Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Losing wifi at power glitch
Whenever we get a power glitch (losing momentarily) I have to physically unplug and plug in power cord to mains outlet as I lose wifi upon restart.   Any suggestions on what I can do?  Power restart from Menu works fine.
Quote:Whenever we get a power glitch (losing momentarily)

You mean a 'brownout' ?     where the power is interrupted but not for long enough to cause the Pi to shut down completely ?.

If so you may be interested in this device that uses Supercaps to power the Pi temporarily in such instances..

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...-sbcs.html
----------
bob
(09-27-2021, 12:34 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
Quote:Whenever we get a power glitch (losing momentarily)

You mean a 'brownout' ?     where the power is interrupted but not for long enough to cause the Pi to shut down completely ?.

If so you may be interested in this device that uses Supercaps to power the Pi temporarily in such instances..

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based...-sbcs.html

I do mean a brownout.  I like your suggestion but I am running off 12v power (brick from laptop).
Quote:but I am running off 12v power (brick from laptop).

You might like to expand on this.... Confused
Pi run on 5 volt   so what happens between your 12volt supply and the Pi ???
----------
bob
Pi has HiFiBerry Amp2 as HAT which gets 12v in and shares 5v with Pi.
(09-27-2021, 03:31 PM)malcolmwa Wrote: Pi has HiFiBerry Amp2 as HAT which gets 12v in and shares 5v with Pi.

Is there an option to power the Pi separately ?
----------
bob
HiFiBerry says no. I'm now thinking a little wall wart UPS is the answer.
Other than surgery to the gpio pins to isolate or insert some device (Hypnic) into the 5v line then before going the UPS way (the cheapies may not be all that kind to your audio) what about trying another wifi option such as a USB dongle and turning off the Pi WiFi ?
Or cable up to ethernet ?
----------
bob
I’d at least give a UPS a try.

OTOH, I’m still trying to understand why you “lose WiFi upon restart.” My moOde players have no problem re-establishing their association with my AP after anything I do that causes a restart. Maybe some more detail about your system would help. You could start by posting the output of the moodeutl -I command after rebooting.

Regards,
Kent
I think the scenario is that the Pi's complete Moode startup before the WiFi Router completes its startup. In this case Moode startup fails its 3 x 3 second retry to check for an IP address assigned to the adapter and then reverts to AP mode. Something like that.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub