Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to display album art + song info on a 4" or 5" screen?
I'm building a Rpi streamer + DAC (PecanPi) that will all be integrated in one enclosure, to which I also want to add a small screen, 4" or 5".

Still figuring out if it's better to get HDMI display, or one that uses the DSI interface.

What would be the best way to have the screen display things like album art, artist/album/song title, progress in the song, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
(09-29-2021, 05:32 PM)starfly Wrote: I'm building a Rpi streamer + DAC (PecanPi) that will all be integrated in one enclosure, to which I also want to add a small screen, 4" or 5".

Still figuring out if it's better to get HDMI display, or one that uses the DSI interface.

What would be the best way to have the screen display things like album art, artist/album/song title, progress in the song, bit rate, sample rate, etc.

I keep toying with using a small phone or display for the pi but with the current moOde web interface both options are completely unusable.  It can be done, of course, as MALP is fine on a small screen.  Is there a plan to - or reason not to - provide a web interface which would be basic but functional on small displays?  I'm not a front end dev - perhaps all the web elements are in place and it would be possible to reskin the UI using css and it's just the case that no-one's bothered to do so yet.
(09-30-2021, 10:39 PM)Sehnsucht Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 05:32 PM)starfly Wrote: I'm building a Rpi streamer + DAC (PecanPi) that will all be integrated in one enclosure, to which I also want to add a small screen, 4" or 5".

I keep toying with using a small phone or display for the pi but with the current moOde web interface both options are completely unusable.  It can be done, of course, as MALP is fine on a small screen.  Is there a plan to - or reason not to - provide a web interface which would be basic but functional on small displays?  I'm not a front end dev - perhaps all the web elements are in place and it would be possible to reskin the UI using css and it's just the case that no-one's bothered to do so yet.

+1