Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No sound with bluetooth input after adding codec
Hi everyone,
This morning I've followed scblock's guide about Adding Additional Bluetooth Codec

Apparently, I successfully installed the new codecs and I can see it available in the terminal

- a2dp-source Advanced Audio Source (LDAC, aptX-HD, aptX, AAC, SBC)

- a2dp-sink   Advanced Audio Sink (aptX-HD, aptX, AAC, SBC)

The problem is that after connecting my TV to the raspberry via Bluetooth I cannot reproduce any sound.

Checking in the terminal with bluealsa-aplay -L I can see that the right codec was negotiated 

A2DP (aptX): S16_LE 2 channels 48000 Hz

But I don't know why nothing is coming out from the speaker.

Some one can help me to solve this problem?
@harrypulvirenti

Since you mention connecting a TV to your moOde player I'm not sure what your goal is here. Are you trying to use BT as a source stream to moOde or as an output stream from moOde? (AFAIK you can't do both but I've been known to be wrong before.)

I'm going to assume you are trying to use moOde's BT output feature.

Reboot and post the output from executing moodeutl -l on the command line so we can get some basic details.

When playing a track or radio station, what is the audio information you get from the webUI? (click m>audio info). I'm curious what the output parameters are.

Regards,
Kent
@harrypulvirenti

Whoa, I just tried a test with unmodified moOde 7.3. 

Directing MPD output via BT to my JBL BT speaker works fine. 

Then did inline update to moOde 7.4. 

Now when I direct MPD output via BT to my JBL BT speaker, moOde appears to be playing but the speaker is silent.

I don't think your problem is due to the added codecs. I'll have time to investigate later today and kick the issue to the intrepid test team.

Regards,
Kent
Could be a regression. Whats the volume level in alsamixer?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis

I'm lost in the ALSA plumbing. alsamixer shows only the HDMI and Headphone "cards" and their levels look ok. How do I look at the equivalent for bluetooth output?

Wait. Now I'm very confused. Changing the moOde 7.4 ALSA options from Default (plughw) to Direct (hw) got me audio out the BT speaker (irrespective of 44100 or 48000 sample/sec source).

Regards,
Kent
It's a bug in the function setAudioOut(). A parameter is not being passed to another function it calls and it blows up. I was getting white screen in BlueZ Config when trying to connect/disconnect/change :-0

I can post a patch installer this weekend and then plan for a 7.4.1 bugfix release and in-place update in the coming days.

# Patch
In /var/www/inc/playerlib.php, function setAudioOut($audioout) add ", $_SESSION['alsa_output_mode']" to the parameter list like below.

Code:
    // Update audio out and BT out confs
    updAudioOutAndBtOutConfs($_SESSION['cardnum'], $_SESSION['alsa_output_mode']);
Enjoy the Music!
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the answers and sorry for the late reply.

@TheOldPresbyope
Let me try to clarify my situation.
I have my Raspberry Pi 3 with Moode 7.4 and with an HiFiBerry DAC on it.
This is my current setup.
I was trying to connect my TV to the Raspberry Pi via Bluetooth since my DAC doesn't have other Inputs and use the woofer that I have attached to the Raspberry with my TV if I want.

The problem is that I was having the classic lip-sync problem so I first tried to play with the Length of ALSA PCM output buffer setting that someone suggested in another post with no success.
Then I decided to try to install some other Bluetooth codec and I've followed scblock's guide about Adding Additional Bluetooth Codec.

Now strangely enough if I try to connect my TV to Moode no sound is coming out from my speakers but if I connect my Phone to Moode the speakers are working with no issue.
What is even more strange is that for both devices the negotiated Bluetooth codec is the same so I'm not sure what could be a possible solution here.

I hope that my explanation now is more clear.

Let me know and thanks!
@harrypulvirenti

Ah, I was looking at the wrong end of the elephant Undecided

I’ll see if I can repro your finding later today.

Regards,
Kent
(10-02-2021, 09:25 AM)harrypulvirenti Wrote: Hi everyone!
Thanks for the answers and sorry for the late reply.

@TheOldPresbyope
Let me try to clarify my situation.
I have my Raspberry Pi 3 with Moode 7.4 and with an HiFiBerry DAC on it.
This is my current setup.
I was trying to connect my TV to the Raspberry Pi via Bluetooth since my DAC doesn't have other Inputs and use the woofer that I have attached to the Raspberry with my TV if I want.

The problem is that I was having the classic lip-sync problem so I first tried to play with the Length of ALSA PCM output buffer setting that someone suggested in another post with no success.
Then I decided to try to install some other Bluetooth codec and I've followed scblock's guide about Adding Additional Bluetooth Codec.

Now strangely enough if I try to connect my TV to Moode no sound is coming out from my speakers but if I connect my Phone to Moode the speakers are working with no issue.
What is even more strange is that for both devices the negotiated Bluetooth codec is the same so I'm not sure what could be a possible solution here.

I hope that my explanation now is more clear.

Let me know and thanks!

Couple questions:

1. What make and model TV are you using?
2. Are you making the BT connection to moOde directly from the TV's UI or is it from something like FireTV or AppleTV connected to your TV?
3. How are you controlling volume on the TV?
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim
thanks for the answer!

1. LG OLED55C97LA
2. I'm connecting directly the TV to moOde
3. With the TV remote

A couple of additional information here:
- Before the installation of the new codecs, everything was working correctly except for the lip sync
- I tried to see if there was some problem on moOde in terms of volume but I didn't find anything strange