Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

librespot 0.3.0 to be released (soon)
Hi,

One of the librespot maintainers @roderickvd has kindly submitted a PR for moOde that will update to upcoming librespot 0.3.0 :-) You can view the PR here https://github.com/moode-player/moode/pull/445

When its released by the librespot project I'll compile it and get it out to the Test Team for eval. If all looks good then it will be include in next moOde release.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Maybe version 0.3 Rolleyes

The Options page makes for interesting reading. I’m not sure yet what the biggest changes are but things can only be getting better (said with fingers crossed!).

Regards,
Kent
Oops, yes 0.3.0 and for sure its continuous improvement from the librespot dev's.
Enjoy the Music!
Must be 'Tim's Typo' day :-)

" libresoot"

although if the dev's do want more free soot then pm me as i am about to clean our fireplace's flue...;-)
----------
bob
(10-04-2021, 11:49 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Must be 'Tim's Typo' day :-)

" libresoot"  

although if the dev's do want more free soot then pm me as i am about to clean our fireplace's flue...;-)

I try not to wear a soot any more.
(10-05-2021, 12:02 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 11:49 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Must be 'Tim's Typo' day :-)

" libresoot"  

I try not to wear a soot any more.

The retired should have little need of soot and ties but string is useful for parcels of kohl..

(sigh... eye make it up as I go..)
----------
bob
So in a fit of boredom I built the current dev branch of librespot. It's working ATM as a drop-in replacement in my moOde 7.4.1 player on an RPi4B with no adjustment of existing invocation parameters. Still claims to be v0.2.0 but the binary is about 3 percent bigger. 

Not sure what to look for in testing.

Regards,
Kent
lol, typoh has been corrected
Enjoy the Music!
(10-05-2021, 12:26 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: So in a fit of boredom I built the current dev branch of librespot. It's working ATM as a drop-in replacement in my moOde 7.4.1 player on an RPi4B with no adjustment of existing invocation parameters. Still claims to be v0.2.0 but the binary is about 3 percent bigger. 

Regards,
Kent

You might want post to the PR and mention the version number issue in case its something that fell through the cracks.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/pull/445
Enjoy the Music!
(10-05-2021, 01:12 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 12:26 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: So in a fit of boredom I built the current dev branch of librespot. It's working ATM as a drop-in replacement in my moOde 7.4.1 player on an RPi4B with no adjustment of existing invocation parameters. Still claims to be v0.2.0 but the binary is about 3 percent bigger. 

Regards,
Kent

You might want post to the PR and mention the version number issue in case its something that fell through the cracks.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/pull/445

My bad. I misunderstood how roderickvd is working. I built from the dev branch of the librespot-org distro. I'll need to cogitate a bit on how to fold his librespot-0.3.0 branch of the moOde distro into a working moOde player. There's more than the librespot binary at stake.

Regards,
Kent