Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Using a second speaker as a subwoofer using camillaDSP crossover
EDIT: I accidentally wrote miniDSP instead of CamillaDSP, Which is quite an egregious mistake!

Firstly, apologies if this isn’t in the right forum, moderators please move it to the appropriate one if I made a mistake.

I have a beautiful moOde Audio setup with my raspberry pi plugged into a boombox that I found in our house. It sounds phenomenal, but it doesn’t have any sub bass. 

The boombox is plugged into the raspberry pi via a USB sound card, which leaves the pi’s headphone output unused. I also have another JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker, which although not great otherwise, has a solid enough sub output. To compensate for the lack of sub, I had an idea which works in theory: Can I plug the Flip into the other headphone output, and use CamillaDSP as a crossover to only output sub frequencies to it? I know that there are probably more elegant solutions, but I really want this Frankenstein setup because I will only need things I already have available in order to get satisfactory sound.

Thanks a lot! MoOde is phenomenal.
Using several audio devices will work suboptimal because the clocks between the devices aren't synchronized and will divered.
(10-06-2021, 04:15 PM)bitlab Wrote: Using several audio devices will work suboptimal because the clocks between the devices aren't synchronized and will divered.

I’m okay with suboptimal - I would like to give this a shot to see if it is at least acceptable!
Bumping because I made a mistake in my original post - I want to use CamillaDSP as a crossover to only output sub frequencies to my JBL speaker from the internal raspi audio output.
I don't have any experience with the USB Sound Card you are using but there is no reason why you couldn't simply feed both of the speakers (amplifiers) from the same output using a splitter.

Alternatively, you could use a fairly cheap DAC Hat which has both RCA and 3.5mm (headphone) Jack on the RPi. The HifiBerry DAC + and the IQAudio DAC Pro have these outputs as does the AliExpress PiFi v2 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985575...1112%22%7D

While none of these solutions are optimal, at least they will not suffer from the asunchronous clocks problem discussed earlier in this thread.
You may all be forgetting that audio can be output to hdmi or i2s or USB or the internal 3.5mm jack.  Note the 'or' there.
As far as I have seen to date there is no option to select multiple output types.

To the o/p I realise your quest to use the items you already own...frugality and recycling/upcycling work for me too...however you may find a purpose built solution to be most suitable.... the Allo Piano 2.1 Hat would appear to do what you desire.
----------
bob
Right only one output can be selected from MPD Config.

The Piano 2.1 would be good solution and its simple to configure for 2.1 speaker setup.
https://www.allo.com/sparky/piano-dac-2-1.html

Does it still work with r74x ?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-07-2021, 06:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Does it still work with r74x ?

Good point... I'll dig mine out this weekend and try it. Smile
----------
bob