Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: moOde as System DSP with USB Audio Interface
I recently discovered moOde audio. What an amazing streamer! Kudos!

After looking into it a bit I see that it has the potential of being a great room correction DSP, not just for audio from the various moOde renderers, but for one's entire stereo audio system. With integration of CamillaDSP it looks like all the pieces are almost in place to make this happen.

REW + Rephase with a measurement mic such as the UMIK-1 can be used to generate a room correction filter that can then be loaded into CamillaDSP. The output of CamillaDSP could be sent to the DAC. The input to CamillaDSP could be any of moOde's renderers or a input from a USB Audio Interface. The USB Audio Interface could be used to capture a stereo audio channel from other audio components (turntable preamp, CD player, etc.).

Perhaps it can already do this, but I haven't figured out how to make it work. I connected a Scarlett 2i2 and it worked fine as a DAC, but it wouldn't show up as an Input Source. Most USB Audio Interfaces are class compliant USB audio devices so Linux can use them fine. I've read that some (MOTU M4, et.al.) require Linux kernel 5.11 or newer to work properly, so since moOde uses 5.4, this is a problem. Also, I don't know if all the moOde renderers (Spotify Connect, etc.) can be passed through CamillaDSP???

It seems that moOde is only perhaps a few small steps away from being a game-changing system DSP (like miniDSP, etc.) in addition to being a great streamer.

Adam
The only renderers that support CamillaDSP in the audio chain are Airplay and Spotify.

Try running the command "arecord -l" to see if ALSA lists any capture devices advertised by the Scarlett.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Better USB support for multichannel in/out devices will come when moOde is bumped/based on Debian 11 Bullseye.
This would also solve some issues/"requirements" of mine. This is what arecord -l gives me (Okto Research DAC8):

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 2: DAC8STEREO [DAC8STEREO], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Any possibility that USB can be routed through CamillaDSP? We might also get in touch with Okto Research in case this is something solvable through software on their side.
I am using an Okto DAC8Pro with Camilladsp.   The DAC8Pro can be used to play, capture or both at the same time depending on its setting.

Both capture and play work fine with Camilladsp except  there are some limitations to the accepted format.  

I capture SPDIF via the AES/EBU input.  This input works fine with SPDIF if the cable is kept short.

In "USB/AES" mode you have access to both capture and play at the same time,  both are set to the AES input sample rate and clock.