Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Splash screen breaks UI
Hi there! As I mentioned when I boot my Rasperry pi up it shows the splash screen video but then it doesn't start the UI. I have only added the string: 
Code:
omxplayer -o alsa myfile.mov &

at the bottom of /etc/rc.local right before exit 0. When I comment the string everything works fine, any ideas why that appends?
Short answer: obviously omxplayer breaks something in moOde

Long answer: This is an interesting experiment but it's not something I'd spend any time on. Omxplayer is a completely different app which does not ship with moOde, has not been tested with moOde, and has features which overlap with moOde's, so breakage is not surprising.

As well, omxplayer has been officially deprecated by its developer. 

Regards,
Kent
Wink 
(10-14-2021, 12:49 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Short answer: obviously omxplayer breaks something in moOde

Long answer: This is an interesting experiment but it's not something I'd spend any time on. Omxplayer is a completely different app which does not ship with moOde, has not been tested with moOde, and has features which overlap with moOde's, so breakage is not surprising.

As well, omxplayer has been officially deprecated by its developer. 

Regards,
Kent

Thank you very much for the answer Smile, is there any other way to have the splash screen?