Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How to check if hardware volume control over I2C works in AK4490 and USB XMOS control
Is it possible to check if the hardware volume control is working properly? Any command? I have an XMOS converter from DIYINHK and their ak4490 DAC in which the I2C volume control should work. So, I2C command from USB XMOS to the DAC chip volume control. The options, of course, hardware volume control is set hardware. 

Information about Volume control by I2C here:
https://www.diyinhk.com/shop/eol-product...input.html

Summarizing: I want the volume control to be in the DAC chip, not in the moode.
If Linux/ALSA recognizes the Hardware volume controller the USB chipset it will show up in the alsamixer utility. The USB device should be assigned to ALSA card 2 in moOde.

Code:
alsamixer -c2

You can also look in the Moode startup log to see if a Hardware volume controller was detected or examine the output from the alsacap (ALSA capabilities) utility.

Code:
moodeutl -l

sudo alsacap
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank you very much! Everything works as it should! The volume control in the player is changed on the USB converter.

I just have a question: what is the second volume level for (set to 100%)? Is it PCM / DSD?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Its not obvious what the second volume control is used for. Post output from the command below. Maybe the contriol will be named and provide some information on what its used for..

Code:
amixer -c2
Enjoy the Music!
Here is the result:

Code:
Simple mixer control 'DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0 ',0                                                                                            
 Capabilities: pvolume pswitch                                                                                                            
 Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right                                                                                              
 Limits: Playback 0 - 127                                                                                                                  
 Mono:                                                                                                                                    
 Front Left: Playback 98 [77%] [-29.00dB] [on]                                                                                            
 Front Right: Playback 98 [77%] [-29.00dB] [on]                                                                                            
Simple mixer control 'DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0 ',1                                                                                            
 Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined                                                                              
 Playback channels: Mono                                                                                                                  
 Limits: Playback 0 - 127                                                                                                                  
 Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]        
Its not clear from the amixer output what its for or how its meant to be used. Maybe try asking DIYINHK and refer them to this thread.
Enjoy the Music!
(10-27-2021, 04:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Its not clear from the amixer output what its for or how its meant to be used. Maybe try asking DIYINHK and refer them to this thread.

They replied that it is not essential and the details are written in the XMOS source code ...

However, I have another question about hardware volume:
when I use spotify connect, the renderer automatically increases the hardware volume to 100. Then the only possible volume control is in the Spotify app. How do I make Spotify volume change to change the USB hardware volume?
Repeat: How do I make Spotify volume change to change the USB hardware volume?