Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

SD-card write-cycles management
Hi everyone,
Could anyone tell me if moOde is doing anything reducing write-cycles to the SD-card, when running on for instance a raspberry pi?
I'm running my music player on raspbian now with a system called log2ram to run logging inside RAM, this way my pi is running on the same SDcard for more than 5 years already. It does nothing more than make a mount from /var/log to a RAM location defined for (e.g. 100MB). Works like a charm.

I think I also read somewhere moOde is completely running in RAM

Could anyone tell me a bit more?
Thanks in advance
Maikel
You can install log2ram aswell with moOde.
(11-14-2021, 03:04 PM)TookaFace Wrote: You can install log2ram aswell with moOde.

Thanks a lot, that’s great to hear. 
I read that moOde is completely running in RAM. Is that still the case with the latest version? 
If so there ofcourse is no need for log2ram
No, moOde doesnt completly run in RAM.

But you can easily achieve that by using overlay file system option in raspi-config if this is what you want.

I generally use log2ram and mount /tmp and /var/tmp in RAM. You also can remove logrotate to lower the number of writing (which is not very necessary with log2ram)
(11-14-2021, 06:42 PM)TookaFace Wrote: No, moOde doesnt completly run in RAM.

But you can easily achieve that by using overlay file system option in raspi-config if this is what you want.

I generally use log2ram and mount /tmp and /var/tmp in RAM. You also can remove logrotate to lower the number of writing (which is not very necessary with log2ram)

Thanks a lot. I should get it to work like this  Angel