Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

GUI mod - change genres with year in tag view
hi everyone, this is my first experience with moode audio and I find it fantastic.  I installed it on a Raspberry Pi zero 2 associated with an ibasso dc03 USB dav.  Everything works fine, but for my needs I would need to change some aspects of the GUI.  In particular in the tag section I would need to replace the left part with the genres with the list of album years.  I state that I do not have much experience with modern programming (I am a COBOL programmer), but if guided step by step I have no problems.  I thank in advance whoever wanted to help me.
There is a recent post that deals with replacing that column with the composer tag.  In that it is suggested that changing to composer was possible (and included in the next release I think), but that other tags might be less simple.

In the preferences dialogue, under Library, it is possible to select an Albumview/Tagview Sort Order of "by year", will that achieve what you want?
----------------
Robert
(11-18-2021, 08:28 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: There is a recent post that deals with replacing that column with the composer tag.  In that it is suggested that changing to composer was possible (and included in the next release I think), but that other tags might be less simple.

In the preferences dialogue, under Library, it is possible to select an Albumview/Tagview Sort Order of "by year", will that achieve what you want?

yes I tried to change the order of the albums by year but unfortunately it does it in chronological order (from the oldest to the most recent) I would need the opposite; to see the albums of the last few years.
Thanks for the suggestion I will look at the post you indicated to me.
However through search I can find all the albums of a certain year .. for now it's just fine ...