Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode/AlloBoss2 help
Hi all, not being very literate in computers I'm having a heck of a time trying to get this streamer working. Yes, I have seen Mr Tim Curtis's guide. No, I don't find it particularly helpful as it over my head. 

This is where I am and what I'm trying to do. 

Bought RPi/Boss2 preloaded with Moode. Plugged it in and connected ethernet cable. Finally figured out how to find the IP address on the Pi screen and plug that into my browser and get to the Moode sight (where 1.FM Blues Radio shows currently playing, but no sound), found where the output is set to Allo Boss2, enabled the Spotify renderer (I can see no spotify content nor where I might be able to put my Spotify login info.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or right or how to proceed. 

I throw myself on the mercy of this forum, please help!!!
(11-17-2021, 08:54 PM)Rufus T. F. Wrote: Hi all, not being very literate in computers I'm having a heck of a time trying to get this streamer working. Yes, I have seen Mr Tim Curtis's guide. No, I don't find it particularly helpful as it over my head. 

This is where I am and what I'm trying to do. 

Bought RPi/Boss2 preloaded with Moode. Plugged it in and connected ethernet cable. Finally figured out how to find the IP address on the Pi screen and plug that into my browser and get to the Moode sight (where 1.FM Blues Radio shows currently playing, but no sound), found where the output is set to Allo Boss2, enabled the Spotify renderer (I can see no spotify content nor where I might be able to put my Spotify login info.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or right or how to proceed. 

I throw myself on the mercy of this forum, please help!!!

The Spotify renderer is just that, you don't actually use the Moode browser to access any Spotify content, instead you use a Spotify Premium account to stream to that Renderer using Spotify Connect.

As far as not hearing any audio from that internet radio station, check which kind of volume control/mixer you have selected, and turn the volume up if it's set for either hardware or software volume control.
Cool I see the Moode Spotify device on my Spotify app. I guess was looking for some kind of link to or acknowledgement of a link between Moode and Spotify. The way that it is make perfect sense now that I know what to look for.

Thanks for that!

In MPD config my volume mixer mixer type is fixed (0dB output) would that be a proper setting and are there other settings that might need to be aligned for that work?

Thanks again
(11-18-2021, 01:18 AM)Rufus T. F. Wrote: Cool I see the Moode Spotify device on my Spotify app. I guess was looking for some kind of link to or acknowledgement of a link between Moode and Spotify. The way that it is make perfect sense now that I know what to look for.

Thanks for that!

In MPD config my volume mixer mixer type is fixed (0dB output) would that be a proper setting and are there other settings that might need to be aligned for that work?

Thanks again

Fixed volume is correct if you have a downstream volume control in use, typically in the analog domain such as with a preamp. 

I do not know about any other Spotify settings, as I use Qobuz via the UPnP renderer.

If you still have no sound, I'm guessing you are using a phone or tablet to run the Spotify Connect app, and that device's volume control needs to be turned up too.
Volume for Spotify is controlled with the volume control on the device you have the Spotify app on.
To debug your other volume issue we need more detail of your set up. What do you have plugged into he output from the Boss2?
----------------
Robert
(11-18-2021, 08:35 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Volume for Spotify is controlled with the volume control on the device you have the Spotify app on.
To debug your other volume issue we need more detail of your set up.  What do you have plugged into he output from the Boss2?

The Boss2 is plugged into my pre-amp (Cary Audio SLP-308).  It's been years since I switched anything around so I pulled the RCA cables from my CD player and pugged them into the Boss2 because I know that signal path 100% works.

Again the internet stations I see will play on the Moode interface and I can get SpotifyConnect to see Moode Spotify as a device on my phone and it seems to push to the Allo but again no sound out of the stereo. Yes I adjusted the volume control on the phone and the pre amp.

I feel like there is some box in the Moode configure I mistakenly check or entered a wrong value but what that is I have no idea. And that's just a hunch, I really have no idea what's screwing me up.

Thanks again for those helping, much appreciated!
OK, so at this point I think the startup log is usually the best thing to look at.  You mentioned "not being very literate in computers", so I'll assume you need instructions.

Go to the System configuration scree, scroll to Local Services and turn on the SSH term server and press SET, then press OPEN next to We SSH Terminal
At the prompt on the new window that opens type "pi" and press enter, then the password which is set to "moodeaudio" by default (the "" are not part of the password or user).  That should log you into your player at the command line.

Then enter this command:

Code:
moodeutl -l
That will print the log to the screen, which you can copy and paste into this thread so we can see what your config looks like and check it all loaded OK.
----------------
Robert