Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: What to do with singles !
Hi Tim and Co,

Firstly, Thx for Moode, it's awesome!

My idea/query is about singles and alternate versions of a track ie remixes. I generally use album view as I mostly have albums but I do have lots of remixes and one off singles that I keep in a subfolder per artist called 'singles' and I'd prefer Moode not to scan this folder and add a blank cover image in album view for every single it finds but can't identify. I can't see any current way to deal with them, unless you have any suggestions, so I was going to ask if there's an option to include something within the 'Library - Music Database' section to maybe exclude subfolders named 'singles' (or some-other name) from the scan (similar to the exclude .cue files). I can then access the 'singles' folder via the folder view if and when required and my album view would remain uncluttered.

kind regards
Digby Jones
Your best bet is to try and use tags.

For each track:
- Leave Genre and Artist as-is
- Set AlbumArtist to "Various Artists"
- Set Album to "Singles"

You would then end up with a compilation Album named "Singles" containing all the special tracks. It would appear in Album view as

Singles
Various Artists
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-23-2021, 10:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your best bet is to try and use tags.

For each track:
- Leave Genre and Artist as-is
- Set AlbumArtist to "Various Artists"
- Set Album to "Singles"

You would then end up with a compilation Album named "Singles" containing all the special tracks. It would appear in Album view as

Singles
Various Artists

This is how I do it for my singles and it works quite well. It was a little bit of fuss setting up a simple way to tag/replace them all, but afterwards it is so much easier to manage. There is some funny behaviour with the album art (something to do with the last track of the singles folder?) that I haven't go around to fixing, but I did read on here it's expected behaviour.
For embedded art the thumbnails come from the last track in the album dir while the full cover comes from the first track.

If you want the same image for thumb and main cover then use a folder.jpg or cover.jpg file in the album dir and set Prefs, Cover search priority to "Cover file".
Enjoy the Music!
Is there a reason why each individual track could not get its cover from its own embedded image?
(04-08-2023, 05:39 PM)suzywong Wrote: Is there a reason why each individual track could not get its cover from its own embedded image?

Prev post should be "... while the full cover comes from each individual track"
Enjoy the Music!
(04-08-2023, 05:39 PM)suzywong Wrote: Is there a reason why each individual track could not get its cover from its own embedded image?

If you set the cover art priority to embedded you get the specific album-art from each file, BUT the album cover will be that of the LAST file in the album.
There is a WIP (on my side) to get the thing sorted out, and if it passes scrutiny and evaluates to useful it could eventually be merged.