Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[split] Client fails to find moode on the network
In reply to @greg_m (Posts moved as requested)

From your linux install on 2nd laptop open a terminal and run..

Code:
sudo arp-scan  --localnet

which should show the ip address for the RPi running MoOde. (and something like "Raspberry Pi Trading Ltd", as the device, on the same line)

Then you should be able to access MoOde using that address in your browser.

No doubt you've already checked and cleared the cache in the browser ?
----------
bob
Thanks for your reply @DRONE7.

I know the moode IP from the router. It is connected right now and shows up at the list of the active devices.

When I do arp-scan - my main laptop see all devices including my other RPi with NAS as well as the moode RPi (reports as "Edimax Technology Co. Ltd." as it's connected via wifi adaptor). I can access it from my main laptop and smartphone.

Also tried arp-scan from my other RPi (NAS) and it can see all devices including moode.

At the same time my 2nd laptop reports all other devices except moode.
And obviously either trying to connect using localhost name or IP via web or ssh doesn't work.

Same symptoms on Linux and Windows, so it's more moode issue / settings, not the OS I think.

I used to have moode for a year or so, but recently (a month ago or so) did a new re-install. I think it was 7.5.0. Didn't really change any setting rather than configuring Bluetooth and adding a couple of favourite radio stations.
As I said earlier - didn't try to access 7.5.0 from the 2nd laptop recently, so not sure if the problem was there before.
I have some backups or can try to re-install 7.5.0 or install straight 7.6.0 to see if that helps if there is no other options.

Any advise?

BTW. Could admin move posts related to my issue to a new thread please? Seems like it's a separate problem. Not sure if this is actually related to the recent upgrade.

Thank you.

EDIT:
The symptoms suggest something external to moOde software for example a network issue or issue on the 2nd laptop.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Sure does appear to be external to MoOde.

I note your RPi on wifi is the one not found...can you connect it via wired and see if that works for the 2nd laptop to find on the network ?

Then, assuming the laptop is wifi connected as well it has to be network settings or hardware...
----------
bob