Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem with wpa2
(12-26-2021, 05:39 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @phorize

Once you installed debian 11 on your laptop were you able to get it connected to the Ubiquiti AP via WiFi? If so, that could be a useful vehicle for exploring why your moOde player isn't. RaspiOS is essentially debian with a smattering of RPi-specific code and there's nothing special about its networking subsystem.

Regards,
Kent

Yes, with network manager from a desktop. But no success with the scripts in the installer. I spent an hour with tier one support at Ubiquiti, tier two are contacting me this week. There is nothing out of the ordinary with the ap that I can see, I stick volumio on the pi zero just to see if it runs, and it sets up fine. I really can’t imagine what would differ between Debian stable, moode and volumio that would account for this behaviour.
@Tim Curtis @TheOldPresbyope Still dealing with ubiquiti tier two support. Whilst I’m at it, can I check my assumptions re: how moode does network configuration. I’m speculating that moode uses /etc/network/ for network configuration? If I can’t find a root cause I may set my pi 4 up with either systemd networkd or nm-cli on moode to see if that helps.
All moOde does is write out some default network configuration files based on whats entered into the Network Config screen for example the wpa_supplicant file which contains contains WiFi SSID definition blocks.

The code that does this is in playerlib.php function cfgNetIfaces() https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl...yerlib.php
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis thanks. I had a poke around in the network configuration on the pi and it all looked fine. Scanning and configuring the network in ‘the Debian way’ unsurprisingly doesn’t help. I’m pretty cheesed off with the lack of logging on my AP. It only keeps system logs. I may install openwrt on it to get a proper os but in the meantime it’s curtains for my zero 2 streamer.
Thought I’d document that this is now solved since Ubiquiti released an update to the ap firmware. Thanks for the earlier help. How a company can release a supposedly enterprise grade ap with such a fault is beyond me. I was about to install openwrt on it when it was fixed.