Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unable to play random tracks
I can not get Moode player to play random tracks anylonger. When I click on the random button it checks the consume button and as the player plays the tracks they disappear from the play list as they should but when I get to my last track the system never adds the additional 2 tracks like it use to.

Is there something I need to do to get this to work again?

I think this was an issue that was being worked on but I have not seen anything more on this.

Thank you.
What do you mean by "when I get to my last track"?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
If I click on an album to play the tracks in that album and after it starts playing I click on the random button, when it gets towards the end of the track list, it used to add 2 random tracks to the list of tracks playing and continue playing tracks. No it just gets to the end of the list of tracks for that album and it just stops playing.
I'm not able to repro. Your scenario works fine on my end.

Maybe see if auto-shuffle has crashed.

Code:
pgrep -l ashuffle
Enjoy the Music!
When I enter that command I get this for a response:
14555 ashuffle

What does that mean?

Thank you
It means it's running. If the command returns nothing then it has crashed (not running).
Enjoy the Music!
So any idea why my random tracks do not get added?

Thank you.
If I run the command pgrep -l ashuffle and I get a response but then run it again a few seconds later, should I get the same response I received the 1st time?

The reason I ask is that if I run the command a 2nd time I do not get a response.
If I go back to the player and click on random, turning it off and then click on it again, turning it back on and rerun the command I get a response but again rerunning the command a few seconds later I get nothing.
Does this indicate the process is running but then for some reason the process stops?
Is there a log we can look at that will tell us why it is stopping?
Thank you
The symptom "...rerun the command I get a response but again rerunning the command a few seconds later I get nothing" suggests that ashuffle crashed while trying to generate its RAM based randomized index of songs.

To troubleshoot try running ashuffle from the command line. Note that It may only indicate that it crashed at some point during indexing but not at which particular song or why it crashed. I don't recall any particular method to debug ashuffle crashes.

1. Turn off Auto-shuffle in Audio Config
2. Turn off Random play in Playback View
3. Run the command below. It corresponds to Auto-shuffle options Mode=Track, Tag filter=None

Code:
sudo /usr/local/bin/ashuffle --queue-buffer 1
Enjoy the Music!
Here is the response I received.

libmpdclient received a malformed response from the server.
This may be because a song's metadata attribute (for example,
a comment) was longer than 4KiB.
See https://github.com/joshkunz/ashuffle/issues/89 for
details or updates.
MPD error: Response line too large