Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Volume Normalisation
Hi,
  Love Moode support for different renders but struggling to normalise the audio output across these renders. Specifically with Airplay (which I understand is mainly Shairport-sync code) is a much lower 'default' volume (I do see an option to maximise it to 100% which is fine but not ideal IMO as I would control on the volume on my iPhone). I like that Airplay on my iPhone can control the volume but ideally I would like to get equal volume between say Airplay and playing music from my NAS (so switching renders is a smooth operation),  I have to maximise the volume on my iPhone. 

So I was wondering is there a way of boosting the volume per renderer or even just for Airplay? Basically I would like the Airplay 'default' volume to be about 50% higher than it is - this then means I do not need to keep adjusting the volume on my iPhone to 100% (it would just work) while I would still have control to lower the volume on my iPhone.

Thanks
The renderers are individual playback applications with their own volume control mechanisms and they are separate from MPD. Spotify Connect (librespot) for example has an option to set the initial volume when first connecting.

I'm not aware of a similar option for Airplay (shairport-sync) but here are all the options in case I missed something.
https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-s...-sync.conf
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks,
So from a bit of experimentation I found playing with the value in this setting

volume_range_db = 60 ; // use this advanced setting to set the range, in dB, you want between the maximum volume and the minimum volume. Range is 30 to 150 dB. Leave it commented out to use mixer's native range.

Made a huge difference. I would almost suggest maybe exposing editing this in the Airplay Edit Config page as its very useful IMO to allow someone boost the volume.

Thanks
Nice :-) If there are more requests for it I can add to the TODO list to investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub