Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

soft start / end
I notice on my other digital players that when you start or pause a stream there is a "soft" fade in / out to prevent the harsh STOP.  It is much more obvious when pausing.
Is there an option to put a very short fade out" when pausing?
What do you mean by "harsh STOP"?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-22-2022, 08:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What do you mean by "harsh STOP"?

perhaps related to the DAC you use, but when I pause a track it has a very square cutoff feel to it.  Am I making sense?
Are you referring to an audible pop or glitch when stopping playback?
Enjoy the Music!
(01-22-2022, 09:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are you referring to an audible pop or glitch when stopping playback?

Yes
(01-22-2022, 09:22 PM)Britracer Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 09:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are you referring to an audible pop or glitch when stopping playback?

Yes

Based on my experience this issue doesn't have a single root cause but rather can be caused by one or more of insufficient hardware design (no auto-mute circuit), DAC chip type and kernel codec/driver software bugs.

I've most often encountered it with I2S board implementations using the Burr Brown 5xxx series of DAC chips but never encountered it with I2S boards that I have which are based on ESS chips or in the case of the Boss2 their implementation of CS43198 chip.

Some players work around this issue by having an option to keep the audio output open and sending "silence" to the audio device so it never actually stops outputting.

IIRC this has been proposed to MPD maintainer in the past but I don't know the status of the proposal.
Maybe a search of the issues https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD...+is%3Aopen
Enjoy the Music!
An option like that that would need to be implemented into MPD itself. Try posting a request in MPD issue list.
https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD...+is%3Aopen
Enjoy the Music!