Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: problem with bluetooth - pair but doesn't connect
Sad 
Hello,

I would like to use bluetooth renderer but I can't.

I can pair my tv/laptop/android phone with moode but then I can't connect the device to moode.

The problem as far as I understand is that my devices don't "recognize" moode as a render/ player and even if my laptop has paired with moode doesn't recognise this like an audio device.

I have tried a lot restarts , enable/disable bt adapter etc but no result.

this is link to system info: https://pastebin.pl/view/55901921

*the last log files are produced by my attemps to connect my tv to moode

** i tried with picoreplayer and everything work fine
(01-25-2022, 11:24 PM)georgew21 Wrote: Hello,

I would like to use bluetooth renderer but I can't.

I can pair my tv/laptop/android phone with moode but then I can't connect the device to moode.

The problem as far as I understand is that my devices don't "recognize" moode as a render/ player and even if my laptop has paired with moode doesn't recognise this like an audio device.

I have tried a lot restarts , enable/disable bt adapter etc but no result.

this is link to system info: https://pastebin.pl/view/55901921

*the last log files are produced by my attemps to connect my tv to moode

** i tried with picoreplayer and everything work fine

I can’t speak to any tv/laptop,issues but both my iPad and my Google Pixel phone connect without any problems when moOde’s Bluetooth Pairing Agent is enabled.

Life gets more complicated if it isn’t but still both devices work with moOde once all the traditional steps are taken.

Regards,
Kent
(01-26-2022, 12:53 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I can’t speak to any tv/laptop,issues but both my iPad and my Google Pixel phone connect without any problems when moOde’s Bluetooth Pairing Agent is enabled.

Life gets more complicated if it isn’t but still both devices work with moOde once all the traditional steps are taken.

Regards,
Kent

I create another boot drive with clean install but the same problem. I note that with picoreplayer everything work fine.

COuld I send another log file with more useuful info?

** I note that the main problem is that I can make my devices paired but can't connect (because moode bluetooth doesn't be recognised as sound device)
On my old phone, I would find that moOde would sometimes not appear as an audio device. I found that removing all trace of the pairing on the phone then rebooting everything (phone and moOde) would clear things up so it appeared properly again.
----------------
Robert
(01-26-2022, 10:50 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: On my old phone, I would find that moOde would sometimes not appear as an audio device.  I found that removing all trace of the pairing on the phone then rebooting everything (phone and moOde) would clear things up so it appeared properly
again.

after the new clean image I used, I tried new devices but I had the same result. 
I tried to make the conenction by ssh following this guide

https://scribles.net/streaming-bluetooth...lsa/#Ref02

The problem is that I never see the authorization for a2dp service after the confirmation of pair:

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo bluetoothctl
Agent registered                                                                                                                            
[bluetooth]# default-agent                                                                                                                  
Default agent request successful
[bluetooth]# discoverable on                                                                                                                
Changing discoverable on succeeded
[NEW] Device 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF Redmi 6A
Request confirmation
[agent] Confirm passkey 474241 (yes/no): yes
[CHG] Device 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF Connected: no
The bluetooth config uses the class value below.

Code:
Class = 0x20041C
# 2  = Service Class: Audio
# 4  = Major Device Class Audio/Video
# 1C = Minor Device Class: Loudspeaker x14 & Headphones x18

You could try a mod to the bluetooth config.

/etc/bluetooth/main.conf
Change ControllerMode from bredr to dual

Code:
ControllerMode = dual

Then in Audio Config restart Bluetooth and maybe also the pairing agent.

To run commands try the script that BlueZ Config uses.
Code:
pi@rp1:~ $ sudo /var/www/command/bt.sh -h
** BlueMoode version 1.5
** Usage: bt.sh [OPTION]
** -i initialize/reset controller
** -s scan and trust devices
** -l list discovered devices
** -p list paired devices
** -c list connected devices
** -d disconnect device <MAC addr>
** -r remove paired device <MAC addr>
** -P pair with device <MAC addr>
** -C connect to device <MAC addr>
** -D disconnect all devices
** -R remove all pairings
** -h help
pi@rp1:~ $
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-26-2022, 11:54 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The bluetooth config uses the class value below.

Code:
Class = 0x20041C
# 2  = Service Class: Audio
# 4  = Major Device Class Audio/Video
# 1C = Minor Device Class: Loudspeaker x14 & Headphones x18

You could try a mod to the bluetooth config.

/etc/bluetooth/main.conf
Change ControllerMode from bredr to dual

I did. Now when I try to make a connection I get this: Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed

Code:
[bluetooth]# pair 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF                                                                                                        
Attempting to pair with 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF                                                                                                  
[CHG] Device 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF Connected: yes
Request confirmation
[agent] Confirm passkey 059152 (yes/no): yes
[CHG] Device 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF Connected: no
[bluetooth]# connect 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF                                                                                                      
Attempting to connect to 7C:03:5E:91:18:AF                                                                                                  
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
after spending hour I solved this way:

I make the pairing from my device. moode and device are paired but not connected

then from ssh I run bluetoothctl and then I trust the mac address of my device.

After that, if I try to connect, everything work.
Sadly,  Bluetooth subsystems are not all alike.

As I said before, I have no issue with my Google Pixel 3A phone (which Google has decided has reached the end of support with its update to Android 12), nor did I with a Nexus 6P before it. .Same with Apple iPad 9.7 (iPadOS 15.2.1) and Apple iPhone SE (iOS 15.2.1). Once the pairing agent is enabled in moOde, these devices pair and connect without me having to do anything further in moOde.

We know a lot about your moOde installation but nothing about the device you're connecting. What make/model of phone; what version of Android?

You said your laptop won't connect either. Again, what is the make/model and Bluetooth adapter, as well the OS and OS version?

Regards,
Kent
android 10 xiaomi phone and a tablet galaxy note 10.1 2014. my pc is windows 10. tv samsung tizen os

i am not sure that the problem is the connecting devices because it a lot and totally different.

on the other side I am the first that I have this problem with moode.

So??