Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

External Input Question
Hi All

Can moode take the audio from a connected USB device (audio interface) and process it through CamillaDSP for output through a Digipi+AES hat?

Only 2 channels in (through the audio interface) and out (through the Digipi+AES) at 24bit / 192khz.

Thanks!
Jim
AFAIK the USB ports can only operate as outputs for audio.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-11-2022, 08:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: AFAIK the USB ports can only operate as outputs for audio.

I wonder how we could use an external input of a usb audio interface with moode and camilla dsp (as it is already possible with ubuntu server).

In this guide, a user can achieve this on rpi with this way: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...ies.30830/

On moode 8 using expert mode in camilla dsp and choosing a such input doesn't work as a user states: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...st-1119468

I wonder what is the problem to solve to have the option use external input of a sound card (like motu m4) with moode?

*btw congratulations for your good work with moode and for the new upgrade.
A while back I used a 24/96 low cost ADC as an input via I2S on a Pi running Raspbian lite for recording from my phono preamp..
It ran fine, though another project took my attention and I've not revisited it.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threa...pi.371951/

It may be something to play with if you're willing to experiment and try it using MoOde...
Tim might have a hint or two for selecting it to play through MoOde ?
----------
bob
I try to troubleshoot why motu m4 line input can't be used to moode 8.

Executing cat /proc/asound/card2/stream0 I get this as far as capture:
Capture:
Interface 2
Altset 1
Format: S32_LE
Channels: 4
Endpoint: 0x81 (1 IN) (ASYNC)
Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000
Data packet interval: 125 us
Bits: 24
Channel map: FL FR FC LFE

If one execute the same in ubuntu server, get this:
Capture:
Interface = 2
Altset = 1
Packet Size = 288
Momentary freq = 96000 Hz (0xc.0000)
Interface 2
Altset 1

I wonder why for moode 8 the status of capture is "Stop" and for ubuntu server is "running" because I think that if we enable this then we could use the line input of motu with camilladsp on moode, too.
Interesting! I wonder if would work if the status of the inputs could be changed to "Running".

-Jim
(03-15-2022, 03:08 PM)georgew21 Wrote: I try to troubleshoot why motu m4 line input can't be used to moode 8.

Capture:                                                                                                                                                                                                          
 Status: Stop                                                                                                                                                                                                    
 Interface 2                                                                                                                                                                                                    
   Altset 1                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Capture:
   Interface = 2
   Altset = 1
   Packet Size = 288
 Interface 2
   Altset 1

I wonder why for moode 8 the status of capture is "Stop" and for ubuntu server is "running" because I think that if we enable this then we could use the line input of motu with camilladsp on moode, too.

What is the output from the command below?

Code:
arecord -L
Enjoy the Music!
(03-16-2022, 08:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 03:08 PM)georgew21 Wrote: I try to troubleshoot why motu m4 line input can't be used to moode 8.

Capture:                                                                                                                                                                                                          
 Status: Stop                                                                                                                                                                                                    
 Interface 2                                                                                                                                                                                                    
   Altset 1                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Capture:
   Interface = 2
   Altset = 1
   Packet Size = 288
 Interface 2
   Altset 1

What is the output from the command below?

Code:
arecord -L
this is the result 
https://ibb.co/K9yzWHV
I tried this too and got the same result.

-Jim
Hopefully someone with more expertise that I have in capture devices will know what the output means.

Btw, @jdubs can you post the output as text? That image is not the most convenient for study. Thx.
Enjoy the Music!