Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Possible to use a global image for displaying cover art in album list?
I have several boxsets in my collection, with a similar structure:

Code:
root
 folder.jpg
 CD1
   cover1.jpg
   ... other files
 CD2
   cover2.jpg
   ... other files

I would prefer to use "folder.jpg" for the cover art displayed in the album list view, but currently it seems that "cover1.jpg" is displayed. The cover art for each CD is displayed when filtering the album list, which I really appreciate.

Is there a way to get this behavior with current settings that I've perhaps overlooked?
Displaying a master cover for box sets is not currently possible due to the way the thumbnail generator and Tag/Album views work. They are designed to search for and display cover art belonging to individual albums in the typical artist/album directory structure like below.

Code:
artist1
   album1
       cover.jpg
   album2
       cover.jpg

The file name of each album thumbnail in /var/local/www/imagesw/thmbcache/ is an md5 hash of the tracks's containing directory path. This makes it easy in the client-side Library views to construct the URL to the cover image.

Code:
TRACK: "NAS/FLAC/Peter Gabriel/Us/01 Come Talk To Me.flac"

pi@moode:~ $ echo -n "NAS/FLAC/Peter Gabriel/Us" | md5sum
c233981aba37361d174ce61f13607d72  -
pi@moode:~ $ ls /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/c233981aba37361d174ce61f13607d72.jpg 
/var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/c233981aba37361d174ce61f13607d72.jpg

ALBUM COVER URL: http://moode/imagesw/c233981aba37361d174ce61f13607d72.jpg

There is an item on the TODO list to investigate displaying an artist cover thumbnail in the bottom left of Library Tag view like below. The file would need to be named "artist.jpg" and located in the directory containing the album directories for the artist. Something like that.

Code:
artist1
   artist.jpg
   album1
       cover.jpg
   album2
       cover.jpg
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
hi , is there any way to read folder.jpg when there is no cover.jpg as alber view?
i mean some digital alburms use folder.jpg while there is NO cover.jpg.
and moode so far i know it reads only cover.jpg.

thanks
(05-08-2022, 02:54 AM)chaos333 Wrote: hi , is there any way to read folder.jpg when there is no cover.jpg as alber view?

thanks

See my answer to your other post.

Regards,
Kent
(05-08-2022, 03:42 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 02:54 AM)chaos333 Wrote: hi , is there any way to read folder.jpg when there is no cover.jpg as alber view?

thanks

See my answer to your other post.

Regards,
Kent

hi kent, thanks. i will check.