Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify renderer
Hi guys,

I read in the audio settings, under the relevant section, that Spotify renderer needs a Premium account to work... is that true? And, maybe, why?

Actually from my Spotify player on my laptop I see moOde, but it's grayed out says "Unavailable to control", and on my iPhone "Playback restricted"...

Although I can switch among either the web-client on the browser on the laptop, the player, and the phone; using the same, basic/free account.

Also, I do not see where to enter the credentials for Spotify, should it be necessary...

Just asking, thanks for clarification.

Cheers, Al.
@Nutul

MoOde depends on the FOSS librespot project to provide a Spotify Connect interface. The librespot devs state on their GitHub site

Quote:Note: librespot only works with Spotify Premium. This will remain the case. We will not support any features to make librespot compatible with free accounts, such as limited skips and adverts.

Regards,
Kent

PS Your Spotify credentials are entered in your Spotify app, not moOde.
(07-26-2022, 10:52 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Nutul

MoOde depends on the FOSS librespot project to provide a Spotify Connect interface. The librespot devs state on their GitHub site

Quote:Note: librespot only works with Spotify Premium. This will remain the case. We will not support any features to make librespot compatible with free accounts, such as limited skips and adverts.

Regards,
Kent

PS Your Spotify credentials are entered in your Spotify app, not moOde.

Hi Kent,

thanks for the info. It's still confusing to me (as my developer mind kicks in...) why it is not possible, as I can stream Spotify through AirPlay, keeping all the restrictions of my free account... but I'll live with that.

Cheers, Al.
It because it's not a technical problem to be solved.
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/989
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-26-2022, 01:10 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It because it's not a technical problem to be solved.
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/989

Hi Tim,

yes, I got it... I thought the skips, the adds and the downloading things, all depended, and were managed, at server level on an account basis (so that, no matter what you want, the server decides what you get).

Not a big issue, as I said. I can still stream via AirPlay - I know I get no control, nor cover-art neither information, but it's still ok for my use cases.

Cheers, Al.
@Nutul
I can't understand it either, why Spotify Connect has to use moode from this and not another library.

Have you found any solution to the problem? Can you share it?
(06-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Jedrek Wrote: @Nutul
I can't understand it either, why Spotify Connect has to use moode from this and not another library.

Have you found any solution to the problem? Can you share it?

Hi,

nope, I didn't investigate any further on the topic, sorry.