Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: configure network by myself?
Hi everybody,

I use my Raspi not just for moodeaudio purposes but for other things also, for this I have a 2nd Ethernet port (USB) attached, but I cannot configure it as network configuration file /etc/dhcpcd.conf is being rewritten from moode audio's network config at every reboot.
How can I configure my USB-Ethernet-adapter? Maybe by disabling the network config in moodeaudio, but is that possible?

Thanks for your help!!!!
Whats the usage scenario that requires a second Ethernet connection?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-03-2022, 12:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Whats the usage scenario that requires a second Ethernet connection?

Hi Tim,

I use moodeaudio in our audio rack when we play with the band. Eth0 is connected to our digital mixer, eth1 with our access point. Our tablet should connect to the mixer AND the player by using the access point, but obvioiusly that doesn't work as eth1 is not configured and therefor our tablet does not get a valid and usable IP.
(08-03-2022, 12:56 PM)lemon Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 12:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Whats the usage scenario that requires a second Ethernet connection?

Hi Tim,

I use moodeaudio in our audio rack when we play with the band. Eth0 is connected to our digital mixer, eth1 with our access point. Our tablet should connect to the mixer AND the player by using the access point, but obvioiusly that doesn't work as eth1 is not configured and therefor our tablet does not get a valid and usable IP.

Sorry, forgot to mention that for reasons of space I have installed a DHCP server on this Raspberry, so I do not have to use an additional router.
It's still a bit confusing to me. Are you trying to configure moOde to function as an equivalent to a WiFi Router with a two port Ethernet switch?
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim,

something like that, yes. I do not want (and do not have enought space in my rack) to add a network router for connecting moode, my mixer and the tablet. The RPi is perfect for everything, so why not use it :-)
One possible new feature for upcoming 8.2.0 release is "Router mode". It's an enhancement to the existing Access Point mode whereby packets are forwarded between wlan0 and eth0 interfaces. The usage scenario for this as its's been explained to me are environments where Ethernet is available but WiFi is either not available or cannot be accessed.

It's based on the code examples in the article below starting at the "Enable Packet Forwarding" section.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/set...-point/all

If I do end up implementing this I might be able to provide an early test image so you could try modifying the NAT rules to forward wlan0 to both eth0 and eth1, something like that. Email Tim at moodeaudio dot org if interested.
Enjoy the Music!
I must be extra thick this morning, but if the Pi will host the moOde player itself, the WiFi AP function, the bridge routing function, and the DHCP service for this lashup then why do you need two Ethernet ports? There's the digital mixer and .... what?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding "Eth0 is connected to our digital mixer, eth1 with our access point." What access point is this?

Regards,
Kent
Not sure I understand any of it ..:-)

Though the action that would be useful would be that Ethernet access was for NAS/Samba/internet radio etc.....and wifi could be used as well for control from phone or app....is that what the 'router mode' would enable ?
----------
bob
Good morning everybody,

I have a high-power access point which I want to use for managing our digital mixer as there are often 30m or more of distance between the mixer on the stage and our FOH man, and the wifi power of the RPi is not enough for that.
Hope it's clear now.

I have seen that moodeaudio overwrites the /etc/dhcpcd.conf even when there are no changes made in the WebGUI, so the only thing I want to know: how can I stop that? I want to make the network configuration on my own.
There must be a script that I couldn't find (no cron jobs there).

Thank you very much!