Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Spotify - no Sound on the speaker
Hello forum, I have a question about using Spotify premium; I am using the latest version of MoodeAudio.

When I launch Spotify from the app or as a web application, I can connect to the devices that are set up in MoodeAudio. For example, if I start a song, I can visually see the song playing.

However, I do not hear any sound.

I'm ruling out at the moment that it's due to restrictive settings on my Android smartphone, since the situation is the same via the web application in Win10.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards

Peter
it's an issue caused by changes on Spotify's end. it's fixed in upcoming moOde 8.2.0 but in the meantime there are some workarounds in this thread https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....6#pid41846
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank you for the suggested solution. I think the implementation of the workaround is beyond my capabilities. Therefore I will gladly wait for the moOde 8.2.0.
After an update of the Raspberry, the use of Spotify is possible again. Why ever. The workaround was not necessary.
(08-27-2022, 05:35 AM)lissid514 Wrote: After an update of the Raspberry, the use of Spotify is possible again. Why ever. The workaround was not necessary.

Hi, I do not understand, which update of the Raspberry are you referring to?
I still have this problem.

- Release 8.3.0 2023-03-14
- added 104.199.65.124 ap-gew4.spotify.com to /etc/hosts

Still no sound from Spotify. I see the song playing in the Spotify app on my desktop computer and my Android phone. The screen on Moode shows "Spotify active". But no sound. I get sound from streams and files though.

Thank you for any input!

Gernot
The Spotify Connect renderer uses the volume level sent from the client.

Try raising the volume on the clients.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-20-2023, 03:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try raising the volume on the clients.
Interesting, this is not possible. The slider is disappeared.
Oh, wait! I've set the volume to "fixed". Changed it to "logarithmic" an now it plays music!

Thank you so much!

Btw: I've installed librespot manually on another board (raspi 1B) on pure raspian and it worked for years now. Never had the problems many users seem to have here.

Best regards,
Gernot
I'm not sure what "problems" you are referring to. There are almost no trouble reports for librespot except for old ones referencing the odd gateway issue which has since been fixed by the librespot team.

We generally use stock everything. Our repos contain all the information on how our packages and OS are built
https://github.com/moode-player
Enjoy the Music!
(03-20-2023, 05:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not sure what "problems" you are referring to. There are almost no trouble reports for librespot except for old ones referencing the odd gateway issue which has since been fixed by the librespot team.

Yes, this is what i was referring to. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your work! Just being curious why I didn't have these problems using librespot over the years although living in Europe.
It is a shame that Spotify does not support the open source community. But from what I've heard other streaming companies are even worse.

Best regards,
Gernot