Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Can't connect to RPI
I have been using Moode since 2016  with a Zotac Nano Windows 8.1 PC as Ethernet server. I recently moved and cannot find Moode on the new network with a RPI 3, 3B+, or the 4 I just bought. The setup is identical to the previous one except for the cable modem from the new internet provider. I bought a new class 10 32G sd card and also tried the newest version of Moode as well as older versions that worked well before. I used RPI imager. The power, activity and Ethernet lights on the RPI are all doing what they are supposed to; it looks normal, but I cannot connect using Windows or Android. Internet is fine on the server and of course I made 
sure all cables are working. Schiit Bifrost 2 USB.
Does anybody have any ideas? Huh
Thank you .
@steadman

Sounds like the same old bugaboo regarding local DNS resolving. This has been discussed in various threads. 

Can you locate your moOde player using mDNS, e.g., appending the special ".local" domain to your moOde player's hostname?

BTW - after one update or another in the past six months, the browsers on my Android phone (a Pixel 3A running Android 12)  now can locate my moOde player using <hostname>.local even though my LAN doesn't have a local DNS server.

Regards,
Kent

This post was updated 04Sep2022 to correct my erroneous use of "hostname" where I meant "<hostname>.local".
(08-17-2022, 10:15 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @steadman

Sounds like the same old bugaboo regarding local DNS resolving. This has been discussed in various threads. 

Can you locate your moOde player using mDNS, e.g., appending the special ".local" domain to your moOde player's hostname?

BTW - after one update or another in the past six months, the browsers on my Android phone (a Pixel 3A running Android 12)  now can locate my moOde player using just the hostname even though my LAN doesn't have a local DNS server.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Thanks so much for getting back and I apologize for taking so long to respond. I just got this message. What you are saying is a little over my head, but I will research more and see if I can't figure it out. I see in Wikipedia what mDNS is about, but I don't know how to actually implement it yet.
Lanny
Can you tell us please what "address" you use to connect to your player?
----------------
Robert
(08-24-2022, 09:33 PM)steadman Wrote:

BTW - after one update or another in the past six months, the browsers on my Android phone (a Pixel 3A running Android 12)  now can locate my moOde player using just the hostname even though my LAN doesn't have a local DNS server.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Thanks so much for getting back and I apologize for taking so long to respond. I just got this message. What you are saying is a little over my head, but I will research more and see if I can't figure it out. I see in Wikipedia what mDNS is about, but I don't know how to actually implement it yet.
Lanny

Hello Lenny,
I think that Kent meens that you can try to connect to "moode.local" instead to "moode".
In case you do not connect, we have to try with the IP Andress.
Let us know.
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco
(08-25-2022, 07:12 AM)fdealexa Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 09:33 PM)steadman Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Lanny

Hello Lenny,
I think that Kent meens that you can try to connect to "moode.local" instead to "moode".
In case you do not connect, we have to try with the IP Andress.
Let us know.
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

Hi Francesco and the_bertrum,
Thanks for responding. I have tried "moode", "moode.local" and "172.24.1.1" from my android phone (Galaxy A53), as per the guide, and one of them always worked before, but not this time. I have tired to locate there address using a couple of address searching programs, but no luck there either. All the devices on that network and in my home are working perfectly.
Lanny
Check to see of moOde is coming up in AP mode because of missing or bad WiFi password. You would see the SSID "Moode" in the list when scanning from a Phone/Tablet/Pc WiFi applet.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hello Lenny,
In my opinion it is strange 172.24.1.1! Is it possibile to have a look of the results of the Address searcher?
I had a very good results with https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/. It is not necessary install it: you can run it as live program.
The problem should be limited to:
-The network (including: switch, router, cabling, DHCP, DNS, firewall(if any))
-The Rpi(ethernet port, the system itself, SD card)
-The Firmware (not correctly downloaded, non corretcly burned on SD)
Then we have to examine all the possibility to troubleshoot correctly.
So, if you wish, let us start from the network, trying with the IP Andress research and the ethernet cable.
Best regards and good luck,
Francesco
(08-26-2022, 09:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Check to see of moOde is coming up in AP mode because of missing or bad WiFi password. You would see the SSID "Moode" in the list when scanning from a Phone/Tablet/Pc WiFi applet.

Hi Tim,
Thanks for getting back. No, it's not showing up on my computer on the network, or on my phone. I have set this up several times before, but can't seem to find an answer this time at the new location.
Lanny.
(08-26-2022, 10:56 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello Lenny,
In my opinion it is strange 172.24.1.1! Is it possibile to have a look of the results of the Address searcher?
I had a very good results with https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/. It is not necessary install it: you can run it as live program.
The problem should be limited to:
-The network (including: switch, router, cabling, DHCP, DNS, firewall(if any))
-The Rpi(ethernet port, the system itself, SD card)
-The Firmware (not correctly downloaded, non corretcly burned on SD)
Then we have to examine all the possibility to troubleshoot correctly.
So, if you wish, let us start from the network, trying with the IP Andress research and the ethernet cable.
Best regards and good luck,
Francesco
Hi Francesco,
Thanks for your help. Everything seems to work perfectly except that the RPI doesn't show up. I have tested the ethernet cable. I tried to send the file with the scanning results, but the site won't let me send it.  Any ideas?
Lanny