Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: One directory is incomplete
Since I upgraded to v 8.1.2 my Bach directory is incomplete.  I've been using Moode since v 2.x and have never had directories show up incomplete after the scan.  I've tried rescanning the directory, regenerating the database, and reinstalling from scratch.  I've read that this is often caused by a permission problem, but in the previous Moode version the entire directory showed up intact.  There have been no changes to the files on the NAS.  The other odd thing is that when I use M.A.L.P as a front end on the Moode installation all the files in the directory show up and are playable.  The directory contains 59 major subdirectories.  I've always organized by /artist or composer/album/ .   On Moode 21 appear.  I'm puzzled.
In Library Config, clear the library tag cache. If that doesn't resolve the issue then do the following.

1. Clear the MPD log
Code:
sudo truncate /var/log/mpd/log --size 0

2. In Library Config regenerate the library. 
Stay on the page and wait until the progress spinner disappears.

3. Examine the MPD log for errors / warnings.
Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-02-2022, 04:33 PM)Sorry not to respond sooner.  I\ve been pursuing shiny things.  I have the regen going now.  Clearing the cache didn't do it.  I'll find out how it went tomorrow morning. Tim Curtis Wrote: In Library Config, clear the library tag cache. If that doesn't resolve the issue then do the following.

1. Clear the MPD log
Code:

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log
Interesting.  I can view the log while the regen is running but it appears to get cleared after a short period of inactivity.  I've tried it twice.  Both times I was away from the computer when the regen finished.  When I looked at the log it was empty.  I looked at mpd.conf and didn't see anything about the persistence of the log.  Is there a setting somewhere else that I need to change?

(09-02-2022, 04:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: In Library Config, clear the library tag cache. If that doesn't resolve the issue then do the following.

1. Clear the MPD log
Code:

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log
It's prolly the maintenance task. What version of moOde are you running?
Enjoy the Music!
8.1.2.  Just noticed there's an upgrade.  I'll try it and see what happens.  

(09-18-2022, 07:27 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's prolly the maintenance task. What version of moOde are you running?
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with moOde 8.2  Sad

But I also have another issue : the radios doesn't work anymore. When I try to listen to one I get the message : "MPD Error - Failed to decode http://(...) ; CURL failed:Couldn't connect to the server".

Any idea of how to solve this ?  Idea

Kind regards,
Didier
Hello,

But I also have another issue : the radios doesn't work anymore. When I try to listen to one I get the message : "MPD Error - Failed to decode http://(...) ; CURL failed:Couldn't connect to the server".

Kind regards,
Didier
(09-19-2022, 05:46 AM)didier573 Wrote: Hello,

Kind regards,
Didier

I'm listening to radio via 8.2 now.  Perhaps try a browser cache clearance in case there's some old code hanging around in there.
----------------
Robert
The maintenance task does some housekeeping which includes clearing system log files one of which is the MPD log.

It should run every 6 hours but I see the 820 fresh image still has the old value of 2 hours :-0

Do the following to change it:
Code:
1. Check the value
moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='maint_interval'"

2. If its 7200 update it to 21600 secs (6 hours)
moodeutl -q "update cfg_system set value='21600' where param='maint_interval'"
Enjoy the Music!