Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello World & help with rendering local network music files
Hello moOde users, and thank you to Mr Curtis for admitting me to the club.
I'm an amateur / RPi hobbyist with a audio addiction.

I have two main audio systems, the family system is based on my cherished OPPO-105D now directly into a Classe CAV-75, which powers 5 Dali speakers and an REL sub.  When my flaky Parasound P7 works, it also facilitates a REGA P3 which is nice.  An old CCA renders Spotify just fine into the OPPO.

The other system is a 1980s Audio Research SP-8 manning a Classe CA-150 into the mighty Maggie 1.6QRs.  This system was vinyl only for 10+ years until I recently added a RPI + moOde solution:
  • RaspiOS: 11.3
  • Linux kernel: 5.15.32-v8+ #1538
  • Platform: Pi-Zero 2 W 1.0 512MB
  • Allo miniboss DAC HAT
  • Architecture: aarch64
  • MPD version: 0.23.5
  • moOde: 8.1.2 2022-07-08
My initial setup gave me many frustrating hours without sound, and only a complaint from ALSA about a lack of source.
I eventually figured out from the logs that the allo was in position 1, and another source was in position 0.  When I #'d out the line in the config file - dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d, the allo was in position 0 and it worked!

Very happy streaming Spotify.

UPNP ISSUE
My next frustration was trying to play music from my local FLAC library hosted on a local Synology NAS. I could see and play music just fine from the OPPO, VLC, my TV, etc. but I couldn't 'see' it from moOde. Being a newbie here it took ages to realize that moOde doesn't natively 'see' DLNA sources; another piece of software is required.  Now i have BubbleUPnP on my phone which sends the music to the moOde player.  This is a bit clunky and I hear a pop when changing files.  Hmm.

Is there package I could install on the same PI as moOde to 'see' the DLNA library?  Is this something in the works?  I'll be spending more time in the forum searching for other posts on the topic.

SMB / NFS CONNECTIONS
Lastly, I've tried a lot of options to 'see' my SMB share again from the Synology NAS.  Reading the NAS logs it appears the connection is refused because SMB1 is not supported.  I added 'min protocol = SMB2' to the smb.conf and restarted samba - but SCAN still reveals nothing.  Also no luck mounting an NFS share.

So that was a long winded hello, but if anyone has suggestions or where to look - much appreciated. In the meantime, I'll be streaming and searching the forum.

Best,
Zebulon
Best to post individual issues in the Support sub-forum
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-05-2022, 11:13 PM)zebulon Wrote: SMB / NFS CONNECTIONS
Lastly, I've tried a lot of options to 'see' my SMB share again from the Synology NAS.  Reading the NAS logs it appears the connection is refused because SMB1 is not supported.  I added 'min protocol = SMB2' to the smb.conf and restarted samba - but SCAN still reveals nothing.  Also no luck mounting an NFS share.

Nice System-Setup.

Why do you configure smb.conf instead of adding the vers parameter in the option screen when adding the library source? 

First try to "ping" from moodeaudio your NAS, to make shure network configuration fits.

The „Scan“ Option isn‘t working at all for me, it only shows the smb shares from the moodeaudio itself. Try to add the NAS with a path like it’s shown in windows, but change the the first name to the ip-adress, remover \\ and change all other \ to / and then add vers=3.0 to the options and try again.
I'm puzzled by some of the OP's problems but, please, let's first get the individual issues posted to the Support subforum as Tim suggested.

Regards,
Kent