Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Audible artifacts...on Playback.??
Without properly auditioning 8.2.1 ......updated to 8.2.2 if this is significant!

Audible artifacts.....thinking of clicks/glitches/pops....may be better words here Rolleyes
....particularly on higher res. 192 and 96 files.....still present to a lesser extent on 44.1 types.

All my settings are at default...RPi3+ into a Topping E30
Moode renderer set to UPNP/DLNA.
Would logs help in this situation.....or might it be a settings issue??
Try playing the files from a USB stick directly with MPD and take UPnP out of the equation (Turn it off). If the audio glitches still occur zip up a few of the files and post a download link to myself, @TheOldPresbyope and @Nutul to see if the issue can be reproduced.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-26-2022, 10:52 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try playing the files from a USB stick directly with MPD and take UPnP out of the equation (Turn it off). If the audio glitches still occur zip up a few of the files and post a download link to myself, @TheOldPresbyope and @Nutul to see if the issue can be reproduced.

Thanks for the swift reply!!
Haven't tried USB stick yet.....currently playing from an SSD drive .
Switched off UPNP mad no discernible difference....as did switching off DLNA.

Now playing with NO Renderers selected (Presume a default renderer is automatically present??!...and that is MPD!)....this makes a huge difference, although artifacts not entirely eliminated.
(Perhaps 99% though!!)

I'll be able to try the USB stick approach later.
If you are using a locally attached SSD then no need to swap in a USB stick.
Enjoy the Music!
Wink 
(10-26-2022, 11:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you are using a locally attached SSD then no need to swap in a USB stick.

Don't know if this helps....but switching back to PiCorePlayer/LMS and using same tracks....artifacts/glitches stop!
Zip up some of the files and PM the download link as per earlier post.
Enjoy the Music!
(10-26-2022, 02:09 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Zip up some of the files and PM the download link as per earlier post.

Thanks....and will do later!
I've had this problem as well on a 1 GB RPi 3 B+. Mainly streaming 24/96 PCM and DSF files.

Moving to an RPi 4 fixed it.

Installing the latest Volumio image on the RPi 3 also results in glitch-free playback.

Interestingly, I also experienced this glitch momentarily on my Ubuntu machine as well (since fixed after several kernel updates). My guess is that there was a change made to the kernel that caused this issue - note that Volumio is still on 5.10.x
OK....thought I'd better update this!

Original problem was experienced with a RPi3+....which was borrowed!

I've just put together a new RPi4 system....with 64 bit MoOde....and...Hey Presto
....No Glitches....Great....Phew!!!! Smile
(10-26-2022, 10:47 AM)Tonewheelkev Wrote: Without properly auditioning 8.2.1 ......updated to 8.2.2 if this is significant!

Audible artifacts.....thinking of clicks/glitches/pops....may be better words here Rolleyes
....particularly on higher res. 192 and 96 files.....still present to a lesser extent on 44.1 types.

All my settings are at default...RPi3+ into a Topping E30
Moode renderer set to UPNP/DLNA.
Would logs help in this situation.....or might it be a settings issue??

I have same experience after updated to 8.2.2.
In previous version (from 7.1.0 to 8.2.1), I've never met the same problem.

I use Raspberry Pi 3B connected to SMSL VMV D1se (via USB cable).
I set the fixed volume (0dB), no equalizers. no renderers except Bluetooth.
Other settings are at default.