Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello from Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
LS,

Hi, I am Karel from Amsterdam, and for a short while a Moode user.
I hve a raspberry 4 2 GB with a P1F1 DAC+ 2.0 Hat. Put everything in a acrylic Aliexpress case.

What I managed till and up to now:
-get everything running,
-installed some of my own preferred radio stations,
-connected an USB harddrive full of music.

What I did not manage is:
-when I hit the random button a randomly radio station starts. I Am interested in randomly playing a song on my harddisk, never a randomly radio station. Using the whole directory, not within an artist file (other people may like a file based randomly player),
-sorting my music files on album, or song title,
-some album art is shown, most of the time not. Is this fixable?
-I switched on the bitrate, Moode thinks that everything is in MP3 (with 44,1KHz sampling rate and 16 bit), but I am sure it is stored in FLAC.

What are my hopes and dreams?
-to build an enclosure that fits in my hifi tower. It should be 19 inch wide, just as my old hifi. A black aluminium case, with a large touch screen, I like the peppymeter VU meter skin on Volumio. If someone is busy with building such an enclosure, I am interested. Maybe with a build in CD/DVD to rip old CD's. I like high quality hi res radio stations and audio files, to reach the best reproduction sound as possible.

A question which comes to my mind: is my P1F1 DAC+ 2.0 moderate quality? I found a review that it doesn't filter out (or creates) unwanted higher harmonics.  Any opinions about this?
-I used in the menu a real raspberry DAC + as a setting. It works, but is it the best setting?

I am a skilled ex tv repair man, but not skilled in Linux. But willing to learn. Till and up to now I was a Hifidelio user.

Looking forward for your answers, kind regards, Karel.
Hi, Karel, and welcome!

Concerning the PiFi DAC+ 2.0, I have used a couple of these, and it can be a good sounding unit. Its main problem is that the power supply enhancements - ferrite bead, extra switching regulator - actually make it more sensitive to external noise. The good news is that it's easy to fix. This thread on the Rune Audio forum is quite detailed, and I can confirm that it all works well. It's a quite decent PCM5122 implementation. I use the HifiBerry DAC+ settings.

Good luck!

Colin