Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Disable IPv6 by default
Hello,

it could be useful to let the user decide if he needs IPv6 or not for his moOde device(s). This would prevent moOde to appear twice when you list AirPlay devices on the LAN.

IPv6 can be easily disabled by adding "ipv6.disable=1" to "/boot/cmdline.txt".

Romain
I've never seen an Airplay device listed twice.I have several moOde devices, Apple TV's etc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-07-2022, 10:40 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I've never seen an Airplay device listed twice.I have several moOde devices, Apple TV's etc.

It's the case with my laptop running Debian and pulseaudio-module-raop. Otherwise Tim, what's the usefulness of IPv6 with a LAN only device ?
Sounds like an issue for the raop project.

I thought raop was replaced by OwnTone?
Enjoy the Music!
(11-07-2022, 11:03 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Sounds like an issue for the raop project.

I thought raop was replaced by OwnTone?

Tim, as much as I know, OwnTone isn't officially packaged for Debian, at least not for Bullseye. Whatever, I don't get the point of using IPv6 in a LAN environment.
I don't know but there probably are apps using IPv6 on the LAN and so I'm inclined to leave moOde's network config as-is.

For specific issues like the one you are experiencing with raop you will need to either manually disable it in config.txt or post an issue to the pulse/roap project and see whether its something they can address.
Enjoy the Music!
(11-07-2022, 01:09 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't know but there probably are apps using IPv6 on the LAN and so I'm inclined to leave moOde's network config as-is.

For specific issues like the one you are experiencing with raop you will need to either manually disable it in config.txt or post an issue to the pulse/roap project and see whether its something they can address.

This could be so easy to be able to switch to no IPv6 into moOde UI but OK.
lol, it's only easy when someone else is doing the work. The problem is that the case you are making to have this option added to the TODO list is weak.
Enjoy the Music!
(11-07-2022, 02:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, it's only easy when someone else is doing the work. The problem is that the case you are making to have this option added to the TODO list is weak.

Tim, as weak as it is, I can do the work if needed, not a problem at all.
Without a strong case regardless of who does the work it won't be implemented.
Enjoy the Music!