Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Updating USB drive in 4.3
Updated successfully to 4.3 just now. Thanks, Tim.
With all previous releases of Moode I have been able to remove my USB drive while the player was on, add some music to a folder and then replace the drive and update the folder. However, after updating to 4.3 I find that if I remove and replace my directly-connected hard drive then the whole database is lost and the player automatically goes into update mode. Is this perhaps a new feature? If so, I would vote for a return to the old way! Shy

EDIT: I just looked and I see that auto-update is indeed a new featurre. But it takes quite a long time to regenerate the whole database so I wonder if it's really supposed to work like that?
Yes, new feature. Don't forget to read the Release Notes ;-)

In moOde 4.3, USB drive insert or remove causes MPD database update to be automatically initiated. Its similar to what happens when you create or remove a NAS source. Its a feature thats been requested many times over the years.

It certainly could be made an option via a setting on System config but I'll need more feedback one way or the other.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
OK I see what happens: Removing the drive initiates an update which deletes the whole database. It's then rebuilt whith the new files when it's replaced. That takes a long time with a large database, but obviously I just need to remember to turn the player off before adding new files.
Yes, thats the usage scenario that I'd like to get feedback on, large USB collection and removing it to add files as opposed to copying the files to it via the Samba share.
Enjoy the Music!
I've added a YES/NO setting on Source config to control whether to automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove.

it will be included in the upcoming in-place bugfix update for moOde 4.3 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(10-03-2018, 02:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I've added a YES/NO setting on Source config to control whether to automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove.

it will be included in the upcoming in-place bugfix update for moOde 4.3 :-)

Brilliant! Thanks, Tim.