Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Slow update screen when navigating "folders" over wifi
One of my moOde setups is running over wifi, with the source of my library being a drive on my router. When I'm navigating my library, it's super-slow to update my current "folders" location - sometimes it can take 20 seconds or more after I click the link - presumably because I have thousands of paths that it's trying to negotiate (I have an especially big collection). My other system connected via ethernet doesn't have this problem, and updates the screen relatively quickly. Out of ignorance regarding any of the technical issues involved, I ask: would it be possible to create a cache of the paths that would live on my pi locally, so it wouldn't have to negotiate through wifi to update the current folders screen? Or if it's already being cached and I'm just unaware of it, is there a configuration change I can make to speed up this process?

Thanks!
The symptoms suggest some sort of network issue thats affecting throughput over WiFi.

Check the signal strength/quality metrics on the Network config screen. Also try a 20 second ping test from the Pi to the Router and look for aanolamlie in the ping stats for example %packet loss, dropouts, retries etc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Figured out the problem! Not a wifi issue, rather it's a browser issue. I was browsing using Firefox on a Pixel 3a when I was having problems. I upgraded my phone recently, and the the updated Firefox browser is much faster. On a PC, it's nearly instantaneous. There may still be ways to speed up the browser further through caching, etc, but at least now I know where the problem is.
For what it's worth, in case it helps anyone else, I had a similar issue using Safari on the Mac. It turned out to be the built in content blocker and the ad blocker. As there was no need to block any of these when I access Moode, I turned them all off. Everything then magically speeded up again.

So if anyone else experiences performance issues, try whitelisting/turning off those kinds of extensions and features for your instance of Moode. With any luck it should start flying, as it should!