Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Insert/Remove USB from RPi4....is shutdown necessary?
Doin' lots of file swapping between drives.
With PiCoreplayer....USB drives couldn't be removed 'live'....although insertion was OK.
(Have I got that right? Smile )

Are there any recommendations using MoOde....?
Spotted this....think it's answered my query....in #2
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....hlight=usb
For USB drives its best to wait a few seconds after insert/remove to allow the auto-mount/unmount actions to complete.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-21-2022, 11:48 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: For USB drives its best to wait a few seconds after insert/remove to allow the auto-mount/unmount actions to complete.

Thank you!!
I never paid attention to this, but I know KODI has a message pop up on the screen upon insertion/removal of external drives (something like "Device Toshiba1TB successfully connected / disconnected")... could it be possible, somehow, in moOde too?

Cheers, Al.
(11-21-2022, 12:47 PM)Nutul Wrote: I never paid attention to this, but I know KODI has a message pop up on the screen upon insertion/removal of external drives (something like "Device Toshiba1TB successfully connected / disconnected")... could it be possible, somehow, in moOde too?

Cheers, Al.

It prolly could be done but the existing process seems to be reliable and so having messages popup could get annoying.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-21-2022, 01:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 12:47 PM)Nutul Wrote: I never paid attention to this, but I know KODI has a message pop up on the screen upon insertion/removal of external drives (something like "Device Toshiba1TB successfully connected / disconnected")... could it be possible, somehow, in moOde too?

Cheers, Al.

It prolly could be done but the existing process seems to be reliable and so having messages popup could get annoying.

it's not that you are using moOde while swapping drives around... but yes, it seems to be reliable, never failed on me, so it's fine.

Cheers, Al.